Where to buy house plants from?

this may sound strange but where to you buy house plants from? I am desperate for some to cheer my flat up but no idea where to buy them from. My mum always seemed to aquire them from friends and relatives when i lived at home. I've looked in florists but they only seem tosell outdoor plants to give as girft. Ideas please please please looking for all sizes types. I'm in Brighton if anyone can recommend. Thank you

Garden centres are your best bet for established plants, they usually have a wide selection and can give advice if needed, and sell the necessary stuff to look after them.

Otherwise some supermarkets may have a few, DIY stores such as B&Q, or even try markets where there may be a stall.

You could also ask your mum to take some cuttings from her plants and get them started for you.

There's Wyevale Garden Centre in Brighton, or search 'garden centres brighton' to find one near you.

Which Pet-Safe House Plants to choose?

Allison Riley of Kings County Florist & Fruit Baskets NY

Houseplants are attractive decorative items that improve air quality. Having pets doesn't have to mean avoiding houseplants. Pet owners can take advantage of these benefits by sticking to the many popular houseplants that are non-toxic to pets. Pet-owners have their choice of plants of non-toxic common houseplants like Button Ferns, Blue Echeveria, and Golden Palms. Pet-owners seeking more exotic houseplants can also confidently decorate with Bamboo, Christmas Cactus, and certain types of Orchids. Other flowering plants like African violets and potted Mini-Roses are another lovely and non-toxic way to add color to a home. When choosing safe houseplants, always remember to research new houseplants before introducing them to your home in order to ensure they are non-toxic for your pet's species. While many plants are equally non-toxic to dogs and cats, some plants cause different reactions. It's also important to keep in mind that individual pet reactions may vary and even non-toxic houseplants can be dangerous when consumed in large quantities by pets. If you're uncertain about a plant even after research, take additional steps to safeguard your pet by putting the plant out of reach or treating the plant with a pet-deterrent spray.

http://www.bloomnation.com/new-york-ny-flower-deli...

I would suggest any home improvement store. I would NOT suggest buying from Wal-Mart or Target, any supermarket. If your looking for quality plants, and yes even counts for plants. I would go to a nursery, but if mediocrity is your way than go to lowes or home depot. If you don't have the money, I would go for wal-mart though, they do have warranty but its not a very good place to buy plants and other home improvement items.

• John W

Most supermarkets such as Morrisons and Asda sell them. If you have a Wilkinsons store locally, they do very cheap plants. Also look at market stalls and, of course, garden centres.

Dobbies

Garden Centres or sometimes the supermarkets!

Here's some Garden Centres in your area...

http://www.absolutebrighton.tv/garden-centres/inde...

Supermarkets often sell them like tesco and garden centers

• nana

No matter where you buy from you have to know how to take care of them the proper way so they live.

Buy some basil seeds and plant some of your own.

Look in your phone directory to find your local nursery.