Is this the solution to domestic violence?

Note that women initiate the most domestic violence. Sometimes the man doesn't hit back. But, when it becomes a fight she usually loses and gets hurt. Check the studies.

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/42...

http://www.ajph.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/5/941

If women were trained not to ever initiate DV wouldn't that prevent most DV incidents since they start most of them?

Excerpt from Psychiatric News

"Although more men than women (53 percent versus 49 percent) had experienced nonreciprocal violent relationships, more women than men (52 percent versus 47 percent) had taken part in ones involving reciprocal violence.

Regarding perpetration of violence, more women than men (25 percent versus 11 percent) were responsible."

Thing550 - if the wife starts the fight but loses, who is at fault?

Makes perfect sense. If you don't start a fight, there probably won't be one.

the ignorance of spiritual laws is the main cause for this domestic violence. What we sow, we will reap. If we are part of violence we have to face it or our successors have to face it. Nobody can escape from what they have committed against God's rule. Nobody is spared and they have to undergo the trails and sufferings in this birth itself or in their next birth. Sometimes their children has to answer for that. So, if we understand that it will definitely retaliateone day against us, we will not do or support violence. We have to educate them. The main draw back in our school syllabus is that we are not teaching the good habits and good culture and we do not give importance for this. So the change in syllabus should be implemented by the good people who know the value of human life and spirituality.

I think the first step to solving the problem of domestic violence is to stop engaging in pointless and polarizing “men are the problem” versus “women are the problem” debate. ABUSE is the problem.

No matter which gender starts it more often, or who gets hurts worse, it's wrong and it hurts people.

I don't know if it's true, but I seem to recall that people with physical training- training to harm, disable and kill... (martial arts, special forces, Navy Seals and Army Rangers) if those people were antagonized and attacked, them fighting back was like bringing a gun to a knife fight. Their prowess made them dangerous and thus their use of force, though self protection, is illegal. At best they're supposed to restrain the other guy.

Which may or may not apply to women. I dunno. A thought.

there aint nothin worth fightin bout if it gets physical aint no good for eithier side lifes to short to be fighten with somebody ya sa posed to love!! aint right , shouldnt go that far!! if ya cant ride down the road , missen sombody, ya just left, wishin them the best , better just move on!!

I have tried to think of some decent way to answer this but I cannot. I was abused by a man from age 16 to 19, severely, emotionally, physically, sexually. I feared even opening my mouth, let alone initiating abuse. I have had guns held to my head, been pulled around by my hair, had my head stuffed in a toilet for crimes as horrible as having one cup unwashed in the sink.

I got away, a lot of women don't.

That's my impression of it, women will initiate but men become the statistic.

The fact that most male serial killers and rapists had abusive mothers also needs attention.

A large media campaign on female dv is in order, everything from passive aggression to physical violence needs to be demonised.

The reason women initiate more violence vs men is they cannot control their anger as well as men, and they do not expect for a man to hit them back.

The problem is men are genetically coded to protect women, and if a woman is abusing a man the mans genetic coding is still active and he will not harm her.

So if we could over ride this genetic coding, we as men, and men being the more physically powerful sex on average then a woman would not hit a man because she would expect to be stricken back and if she was; she would lose the fight due to mens muscular superiority.

"Women were trained"?

Therein lies the problem. You cannot train someone not to become angry. These things are ingrained in us from millions of years of evolution and they certainly serve a purpose; chiefly to remain self-interested in important matters.

Sure it shouldn't happen, but it is far cry from 'training' people not to start domestic violence. I don't think people deliberately want to engage in DV.

To be honest that sounds like a sophisticated version of "she had it coming".

Yea prevention is the best but you're relying on changing women's violent predispositions as though it also changes mens. That's not the case at all. The most common DV where a women gets beaten to a pulp is when the man comes home from the pub drunk and she berates him. He reacts to her being upset in the only way he is capable of in his intoxicated state. Would you also start suggesting we also train them to never confront their husbands and partners and just let things slide to avoid getting beaten up?

note: I totally understand that DV against men is barely addressed but you're focussing on the wrong issues. The issue is we need to raise awareness of men being victims too. But the ones who really are perpetrators are utterly condemnable and none of the blame should be on the victim.

That's why I say men who actually beat their partners up

Yes. I was a member of a large Mens Divorce group for an inner city. Most of the time it was the woman who initiated physical contact but the guy got busted (arrested.)