Is there something I can do to fix this computer problem?

When I try to play videos from the internet on my lap top, it plays for a few seconds then stops for a while, then plays for a few seconds and stops, and so on. It took about ten minutes (the clip was only 2 minutes) to watch a clip off the local news website. Other people I know that have laptops don't complain about this problem. My laptop is only about a year old. Is there something I can do to fix this? Please keep in mind I am not a computer genius so be gentle. Thank you in advance for all your help.

after the video plays one time, I replay it and there are no delays. It plays fine the second time around

This is caused by your internet speed. The clip plays slower than it loads at some points. the solution is either to get faster internet, lower the picture quality, or just keep the video paused until done loading.

The reason for these delays has nothing to do with your computer, the problem is your internet connection. It takes time to download the video clips. Your browser will download some, play it until it catches up with how much is downloaded, then wait, play some more, and repeat.

This is, of course, irritating. Usually there is a little progress bar that shows how much has played, there will be some shading in the background showing how much has been downloaded. You can pause the video clip, wait for it to download and then click play, you will have a much more enjoyable experience this way.

The problem is not with your computer but with the speed of the downloads. The computer is waiting for more data. The solution is to pause the video. Most players will continue to download the file to be played while the pause is on. After waiting for the file download to get a head start, hit play and you won't experience the stalling.

I'm going to take it that your using a wireless internet connection to get on the web.

Key things to know:

Internet speed ( How fast is your internet speed?)

The wireless card ( Most laptops don't have a fast network interface card.) same goes for your wireless router.

When was the last time you cleaned your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies?

Internet videos are kinda big to stream over wireless connection.

There are a lot of things that can come into play.

Its not your computer, its just your software that its doing this, it could be the plug in you have, it could be messed up, or you can download it..

the adobe flash player is a plug in to watch most video clips online on the internet, you can re download it, and try it again..

i dont think its the computer that the video clips dont play all that way, its prob just the software

I think your internet is just too slow.

Has it always done this, and does it do it on any other computers you have?

If it has not always done this then it sounds like you are on broadband and have used up all of your download space. Just wait untilyour internet provider resets it (usually happens at a specific date, each month)

If it has always done this then you need a faster internet connection.

If you have other computers that don't do this then the laptop itself is simply too slow, or it has been worn out wich isnt likely if it is new.

In this case you may need to upgrade your RAM Or even your Cpu speed, wich you would need to talk to a computer technician about.

I can't remember where but try the control panel entertainment and look for video streaming. You could also try Media player

It is normal to be set up when you install windows

Please list some specs on your computer, you may have not enough memory, or your net connection may be slow.To see your system specs on the start button click run and type dxdiag and push OK, this page will list your model, CPU and memory.