Is there something I can do to fix this computer problem?

When I try to play videos from the internet on my lap top, it plays for a few seconds then stops for a while, then plays for a few seconds and stops, and so on. It took about ten minutes (the clip was only 2 minutes) to watch a clip off the local news website. Other people I know that have laptops don't complain... show more When I try to play videos from the internet on my lap top, it plays for a few seconds then stops for a while, then plays for a few seconds and stops, and so on. It took about ten minutes (the clip was only 2 minutes) to watch a clip off the local news website. Other people I know that have laptops don't complain about this problem. My laptop is only about a year old. Is there something I can do to fix this? Please keep in mind I am not a computer genius so be gentle. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Update: after the video plays one time, I replay it and there are no delays. It plays fine the second time around