Replacing pollen/Cabin filter on Nissan Micra K11 1999 Model

I was just wondering how you go about changing the pollen filter / cabin filter on a Nissan Micra 1999 model do you get to it from inside the car or under the bonnet. I have a Haynes repair manual but don't seem to be any mention in there about how to replace it.

Additional Details: I havent got A/C on the micra its just normal does that mean we cdont have a filter on our Micra then?

K11's with no a/c doesn't have a pollen filter

Source(s): nissan hiteq uk

If equip with in cabin filter you access it Thur the glove box opening I just remove the glove box The filter either is on top of the blower unit or between the blower and Evaporator (A/C heat exchanger) and the heater box. Some time there are two tabs that say pull carefully pull upward on those tabs that releases the plastic rectangle shaped door. Remember the old filter has everything your allergic to stuck to it. Rubber gloves and particle mask might be needed. I just sneeze!

Source(s): Nissan Master Tech
  • Ruth

In the USA we ride motorcycles with larger motor than that 1.0 liter Micra. Trust me out on the motorway is not where that car should be. I just read a report that that car is arguably the worst car on the planet. It was designed as a grocery getter and a around town car. Take the Rover TC out for the motorway.

If you have aircon, then you have a pollen filter. It's behind the glovebox.

After removing the glovebox, you need to cut the panel behind to remove & replace the filter.