Sore Jaw - Pulled Muscle?

Yesterday I woke up and my jaw was pretty sire, felt like someone took a swinng at me in my sleep! Not sure what it is, but the left muscle in my jaw feels like it is to blame. Eating is fairly sore (so soup all day yesterday, and custard :D) but this morning and it is back. It is really painful to open my mouth... show more Yesterday I woke up and my jaw was pretty sire, felt like someone took a swinng at me in my sleep! Not sure what it is, but the left muscle in my jaw feels like it is to blame. Eating is fairly sore (so soup all day yesterday, and custard :D) but this morning and it is back. It is really painful to open my mouth much and even swallowing and moving my jaw is agony, any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it? I was hoping it might juts go away over night but it hasn't. My guess is a pulled muscle, does that sound about right? Well off to have some painkillers, thanks
Gavin Allan
Update: It won't be mumps, I had some jag last year to get rid of that. If it is still there tomorrow I will see my doctor