GUY asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to get a six pack of abs in six months?

I'm a male, 6 feet tall and 160 pounds. I was originally 150 pounds but gained 10 pounds during my freshman year of college due to stress. I now have a small tummy because of this. I would really like to get back into shape for march of next year for spring break. If I exercise and eat right, is it possible for me to get a six pack in 6 months?

It is possible to get a six pack in 6 months. Its possible to get it in 3 months. It will take alot of work and you can't cheat.

Work your abs on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Do 4 sets of more than 25 reps per exercise. Try situps, 6 inches, mason twist and bicycles.

6 inches is when you lift your legs up 6 inches while laying down on your back. Try to hold it for atleast half a minute.

Mason Twist is when you sit on your butt while lifting your legs up alittle. Put your hands together and alternate sides by hitting the floor.

Bicycles is when you sit on your butt with your hands holding on the floor. Turn your legs like your riding a bicycle.

Remember to do some cardio everyday because you need to loose the fat. Just doing those exercises will only strengthen your stomach. By doing cardio, eating correctly and working your stomach your abs will defiantly show up in 6 months.

Good Luck and I know that you can do it.

Source(s): I have a 6 pack.
  • Tara

I don't think you can get full on six pack abs but i'm sure if you spend a lot of time and effort at the gym for a month, you will see some results. I once worked out at the gym for at least 2 hours a day, 6 days a week, and noticed results but it wasn't model body hot.

Definitely - in fact the six-pack is already there, just covered up. Work on burning the fat to uncover it.

Try working with weights once or twice a week. A pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day, so if you add 10 pounds of muscle, you'll burn 500 calories a day, or 3500 a week - that works out to a pound a week.

You should be able to add 10 pounds of muscle pretty quickly, especially if you concentrate on your legs, glutes and back.

This guy has some great workouts, using almost no equipment. I don't agree completely with his views on nutrition, but you can't argue with his results:

http://fitness.scoobysworkshop.com/

Well if u eat the correct foods which haves lots of protein and fibre in and go to the gym every day then u will get a six pack but i would recommend going every day to the gym if u want ure six pack back and make sure that u have a personal trainer they'll help u get one hope this helps :)

It is definitely possible. what you need to do is take on a lowfat low calorie diet, stop drinking alcohol and soda, drink lots of water, and start running about 30-40 minutes a day(before breakfast preferrably). Then you need to go to Youtube and look up 8 minute abs and do the routines but expand everything to where you are doing 20ish minutes of ab excercises a day.

This is all low/no cost way of doing things. It will be a lot of hard work but it is possible if you really want it.

Source(s): Did it.

Yea. I followed this to get a six pack in 5 weeks.

I used this to train my abs and got an amazing six pack

http://tinyurl.com/GettingSixPack

OH ya!

you have to work hard but you can do it.

Zach Effron got HUGE over the course of like a week or two with a personal trainer

Yeah dude! Especially if it's a small amount of fat, and not a beer gut, you should be able to do it! Just commit, run, ab work obviously and other exercises.

Absolutely it is. Try the bicycle crunch, it gets all the abs in one exercise. Check it out here:

http://gurublogging.com/post/2008/07/29/Tighten-Th...

Yeah probably, just don't over do it.