Why does God not speak?

We can talk to God through pray and we can hear God through studying his word and the Holy spirit but why does he not talk audibly to man like he did in biblical times?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Becuz it would frighten us, and we wouldn't be able to take it. for example, when the Isrealites didn't believe Moses was really talkin to God, so God talked to them audibly, and they couldn't handle it, and were frightend beyond imagination. so thhink if God Almighty, talked to us verbaly, I dont think i could be concious long enuogh to utter a word, unless a He kept me from passing out.

• Kerry
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He does speak. He answers my prayers in many ways. Through inspiration, a still small voice (see 1 Kings 19:12), through impressions, through acts of kindness by others. No matter the method, he does answer and "speak."

But all that aside, just like in the days of Noah, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, etc, God speaks to his prophets in this day and age too. He is no respecter of persons and loves us just like he did the people of old. God has a prophet in this day and age too. His name is Thomas S. Monson and leads the Church of Jesus Christ of lLatter-day Saints.

• 1 decade ago

God still speaks.

In Biblical times, the Tabernacle in the wilderness, or the Temple at Jerusalem was thought to be God's abode on Earth.

Now He dwells within the hearts of human beings. (John 14:16,18,20)

His voice was not in the wind; not in the earthquake; nor in the fire; now it is that still, small voice from within.

Source(s): 1Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
  • 1 decade ago

He does! We have a prophet on the Earth today who's name is Thomas S. Monson.

you can find out more at www.mormon.org

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He does. We need his words as bad as ever, we as LDS have a prophet who will receive revelation for the church. We can also receive inspiration for what we need.

• alana
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He does if you listen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.