Maximum speed for Nissan Micra 1.0 16v 1999 model?

The wife has just bought a second hand Micra 1.0 16v 1999 K11 model. Pretty happy with it, does her for little run arounds going round town and parking however on the open road she says it gets to 60mph but feels like its struggling at that speed. Surely she should get more out of it what do you reckon about 80mph or so?

Update:

Were getting serious about this now the wife is getting some Redex one shot and some STP Oil treatment for it today and a new air filter!! :-)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Check out www.parkers.co.uk for car stats, that will have the most accurate information.

Here's a direct link to your cars performance statistics, it shows the top speed is 93mph. http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?m...

I used to own a k10 1.0 micra and found it happily went over 60mph, I even got it to triple figures but that's probably down to speedo inaccuracy.

It would be worth getting her car serviced if it is struggling to break the 60mph limit!

Good luck with sorting things out :)

• nola
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Nissan Micra Parkers

• 1 decade ago

In the USA we ride motorcycles with larger motor than that 1.0 liter Micra. Trust me out on the motorway is not where that car should be. I just read a report that that car is arguably the worst car on the planet. It was designed as a grocery getter and a around town car. Take the Rover TC out for the motorway.

Source(s): Nissan Master tech
  • Yahoo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I drove Micra's for years (only just made a change). They were excellent for parking, on petrol and quite big on the inside for a small car. I used to manage 70 on a motorway with no trouble (also on a 1.0). Perhaps take it to a Nissan dealer and have a chat with one of the mechanics.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ten years old and If it is for "going round town", why is it being used on the open road at higher speeds? If she needs a faster car for long distance, then get rid if this one and buy her a new and larger model-- don´t be so mean!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Micra 1.0 manual should do 93mph, the auto 90mph.

She may just be unused to having to 'thrash' it's little engine!

They are very reliable, can't see there being a serious problem.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Nissan 350z Parkers

• 1 decade ago

dont listen to the others its a nice car i had one from new for 5 years and they are great. with regard to the speed you should get around 80mph so it does sound like something is wrong. get it the garage and let them have a look at it.

Source(s): have had two micras one n reg and one x reg
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

0 to Scrapheap in twenty minutes. The Micra is just too visually offensive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review22495.html

This has some reviews suggesting 95 but it's not the same model..but 60..too slow, maybe needs re-boreing, total overhaul.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.