Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

Do you hate changing the tv channel by the buttons on the tv? Do you prefer a remote?

Some people would look allll over the house for the remote when they could just change the channel from the buttons on the t.v. I am one of those people lol Are you?!

'Q.T. pie' - Theres buttons on the sky digibox to change the channels ON sky. Its the same exact thing you retard. Don't try and boast about the fact you have sky(like, 98 percent of people do anyway) because you know my question goes for the exact same thing as sky, obviously you dumbass.

remotes most definately are better! i'm too lazy to get up and change it by the buttons on the tv.

• Rocky

That's so funny. It just happened to me today. Couldn't find the remote and stood for a moment thinking about what I could do. I could buy a universal remote...or go to another room to watch tv. Then I looked in and around the sofa cushions, behind the pillows, under the coffee table....Maybe the dog got it! Looked around the floors. Oh....wait. The tv has buttons on the front. Tap, tap....that didn't work. Oh, I see, I have to change the channel on the cable box! Ooops...there's the remote. Thank god!

Yeah its so irritating!

We had an ancient TV for years. My parents married in the 80s and we had the same TV they were given for their first home until 3 years ago. It didn't have a remote (although it was still going strong!) it had all the little channel buttons on the front and a little twisty knob for the volume. I hated it! So now we have a nice TV I can't STAND controlling it from the TV, it reminds me of the 'dark ages'.

Ye I know it souns lazy but if i did lose the contorl I would look for about 5 mins but then give up if I have to im fine with pressing the buttons on the tv but i still like using the remote!

How long have u had the remote, if u haven't had it that long and still have the box try 2 return it, if it has been awhile maybe it is a cheep remote or is getting 2 old...

When the batteries go out on the remote- you would think the t.v. is broken. My family argues over who has to get up and change the channel.

You can change the channels on the tv? Man I thought I HAD to use the remote only!?!?!

i sooo prefer remote cos i wa watching a program on a saturday morning and after it had finished a history chanel came on and the remote fell behind my bed. i was freaking out until i had to get out of bed to change it by tv.

i always look for the remote i never use the buttons on the tv

I HATE having to get up and change the channel, remotes rock:)