is google desktop search any good and does it pose a security risk to my computer?

Hi there,

I have Windows Vista Premium on my computer system as my OS, which has an integrated Windows Search feature, which i tend to use a lot. However, a friend of mine told me about Google Desktop Search, and she said that it is better than the integrated search in Windows Vista. So I was wondering if someone could tell me which is better and what they would recommend

Windows Vista Integrated Search Feature, or

Google Desktop Search

Also, if I download Good Desktop Search would that mean that I would be putting my computer at risk of been hacked or contracting a virus or something like that.

Really I was just wanting to know if the Google Desktop Search feature is any good at all or if my friend was just saying that because she uses it and if it poses a security risk to my computer

Hope someone can help me out and answer my query

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who does answer this with an intelligent answer

Jay

OK just in case anyone read my question wrong, I dont mean the "Google Search Engine" I mean the "Google DESKTOP Search PROGRAM"

No more a security risk than any other site or search engine.

Source(s): Experienced1

Googles search engine is just as secure as any other seach engine, the Security comes from your Computer and as long as you keep your windows updated with the latest updates, keep your Antivirus program updated and run a full system scan often, run your Spyware program at least once a week then your computer should be alright.

• Anna C

I have Vista and use Google Search. Never had any problems, I have no reason to think it's a security risk.

Ditto. Have vista and also very powerful Mcafee, so Google desktop search is terrific. In fact it is so good that it dredges up every damn cookie, and website sitting quietly on your computer, for a particular keyword. Even stuff you did not know you had.

Google desktop is a wonderful program as it allows you to find your files easily although it does take a while to index all of your files on your PC. I don't think there is any security risk to your system.

Source(s): I'm a Google Desktop user.
  • olympe

properly, in case you mean protection rigidity safe practices hazards by technique of governments to different governments, then for effective its no longer, as governments likely had those tips before the launching Google Earth besides... even if the probability is right here, terrorists making use of Google Earth to map particular places, no longer unavoidably protection rigidity, and plan to attack those factors...it truly is the genuine possibility...

Google Desktop is ok if you like that sort of thing, and is quite safe:)

http://desktop-review.blogspot.com