Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Pregnancy, Implantation bleeding or menstrual cycle?

So my girlfriend and I have been trying to conceive... Her last period was on May 29th, she should've started around may 28th-30th... Well it's now July 23rd and she had not started... Tonight when she was driving home she said she had a mild cramp and then when she got home she noticed a very very light pinkish liquid almost like blood in her underwear.... It's changed to a light light almost orange brown. It doesn't have a flow, and she doesn't feel like she has her period. None of the regular symptoms... Could this be implantation bleeding? or something else? Please help... She missed her period back in june, so her second period is due around the 28th of july... So she wouldn't be starting her period this early... We are both just confused and need some advice or help, please don't say, see your doctor, we know this...

Thank you bobbi, you were very insightful... As for the "girl" who replied after you.... I suggest you have higher than a 3rd grade education before you go posting on this site. I mentioned June for one LEARN TO READ, and second I can't understand what the heck you were even talking about, I couldn't put together your very very broken english if that's what you want to call it.

well it sounds like it could be implantation bleeding, but it usually does not take this long to occur.....Here are some dates to think about:

If her last period was May 29th, then -

conception should have occured around June 12th....

If she were pregnant her due date would be around March 5th 2009.

Good luck!!!

Also here is an article on implantation bleeding.....

Implantation Bleeding

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. This is sometimes confused for an early period.

What does implantation bleeding or spotting look like?

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.

Implantation bleeding or menstrual period?

Implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy.

What if I feel like my period is about to start?

If you have had spotting and think it might be implantation bleeding you may be paying very close attention to your body. If you are trying to get pregnant, the good news is that early pregnancy symptoms feel very similar to the start of your period. If you are pregnant you may begin to notice symptoms of early pregnancy right around the time your period would normally start and sometimes sooner than that. If you suspect pregnancy you can test for pregnancy as early as ten days after ovulation.

How common is implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy. Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy.

You said that you know what to do but your girlfriend hasn't had a period in 2 months. Have you guys taken a hpt? You need to find out so that she can start her prenatal vitamins. I had implantation bleeding around 12 days after I concieved , most women do. It is very possible that she missed Junes period for some other reason and concieved at he 1st part of July. Best of luck.

WOW !!!

OK look I'm going to give you this web site and GO to it askdramy.com OK

there you will see and click were you want to know when she conceive ext..... about the bleeding umm yes it can by implanting bleeding i had it after my implantation the next day , the reed pinkish Browne's spot , also that night before i was in Walmart and men i felt that thing attaching to my uterus it was amazing :) I'm never going to forget that, and the the next day in the morning guess what i had that . also what happen to the moth of JUNE ??????? did you get her period ???

its a bit late for implantation bleeding that comes before missed period ,go doctor

Source(s): nurse