HELP!!!!l dropped cell phone in water?

i dropped my grandmothers cell phone in water what can i do will it work again shes going to kill me if i broke it

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Take the battery out of it, and find a container. Fill the container up with some dry rice and put the phone and battery inside. The rice should absorb the moisture.

Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

Dry it with a towel and remove the battery pack. clean the battery compartment and try to switch on after restoring the battery. If it doesn't work then its probably broken.

• meals
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

at first, if this ever takes place returned, at recent get it out of the water and get rid of the battery and don't placed it returned till the telephone is dry. in case you run modern in the time of the telephone after it rather is moist, you're extra probable to fry the telephone. i know it rather is complicated to stand up to the temptation to be certain in the adventure that your telephone will skill on after its gotten moist, yet its maximum suitable to instruct it on only after its dry. With that being reported, take the telephone aside as much as available, meaning take the battery out of the telephone, get rid of the returned door (if suitable) and dry the telephone off with a towel. Then placed all of the areas in a zipper-perfect bag with dry rice in it. The dry rice will help pull the moisture out of the telephone. go away it interior the bag a pair of days. Reassemble the telephone and attempt to skill it on. I hate to declare it, yet maximum probable your telephone won't functionality top, yet optimistically you will have the potential to get it to skill up so which you will get the telephone numbers out. I rather have been fixing cellular telephones for a protracted time and extra often than not whilst they start constantly vibrating and don't skill on each of ways (won't bypass to the main customary show) they are goners. in case you have a physically powerful 0.33-party broking that has a tech on artwork rigidity and notice in the event that they are going to clean the telephone out. company shops normally won't try this for you because of the criminal accountability, yet 0.33 party sellers don't have the comparable strict regulations to maintain on with.

• 1 decade ago

i dropped mine in the fish tank- pretty much dried out and works okay exept some water damage to the screen, it made the letters all warped..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try letting it dry first and then check and see if it works.

• 1 decade ago

i just did this put it in the dryer and take off the back and battery and sims card

• Delita
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Turn it on and see what happens.

• 1 decade ago

put it in the freezer!!!!!

Source(s): worked for me to dry out
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.