Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does Harvey Dent/Two Face REALLY die at the end of Dark Knight?

I found this quotes from filmschoolrejects.com,

"Harvey Dent (played by Aaron Eckhart) is a District Attorney for the city of Gotham, and will feature as the main villian in the next sequel, after he disintegrates into Two Face....."

Was the funeral just a cover up??

Update:

**SPOILER ALERT**

I found this quotes from filmschoolrejects.com,

"Harvey Dent (played by Aaron Eckhart) is a District Attorney for the city of Gotham, and will feature as the main villian in the next sequel, after he disintegrates into Two Face....."

Was the funeral just a cover up??

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

YOUR QUESTION IS A SPOILER.

HELLO!?!?!?!!!!!

• 4 years ago

Harvey Dents personality died in the hospital , Gothams golden boy had turned corrupt due to the twisted fate the Joker served on his plate. Several people in the force were paid to help aid in the fate of high society members, police, and Harveys future wife. Thus driving Harvey over the edge and changing his grasp of reality. The Joker thought he could drive the insanity and kayos out of people in Gathom causing there spirit to break. The golden boy was given a proper funeral, dieing a hero. Batman returned the favor and took the fall for Two Face,Harvey could not become a felon or everyone he put behind bars would be released. Two faces coin landed on heads, he is alive but his fate lies in the sequel. In the issue of comic books he was put with the joker in a asylum. Batman knew this was his last mission thats why he told Lucious Fox"type in your name" when you are done using this program. WHEN THE PROGRAM WAS DELETED EVERYTHING SHUT DOWN.The lights were on motion sensors when the program shut down all the lights went of immediately. The finger print of a bullet is a "bust". In forensic science just smearing a finger print would alter how correct the results would be. So sending a bullet through a wall and altering its physical characteristics(causing scrapes and scurfs) and the ability to recover vital data would be impossible. If something like a strand of hair was recovered a chemical anaylnses could be done to confirm the dna.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is probably still alive because he only spent a few minutes as two-face in the movie, and hasn't yet been able to develop enough as a character for the writers to kill him out of the story. It wouldn't make much sense for the writers to show the birth of one of the major super-villains, and then have him die before he causes any real mayhem.

Also, in the movie he only falls a couple of stories to the ground. He doesn't get definitively killed, so it seems like they were leaving it open for him to return in the next film.

As for the funeral, Batman and Gary Oldman's character explicitly state that they are going to pretend that Harvey Dent died as a good guy in order to preserve his reputation. (i.e. the death of Harvey Dent marking the birth of Two-Face)

• 1 decade ago

I dont think this could be this true this quick as the movie just came out a day ago. But looks like a big possibility that Two-Face could be the next main character and then shadow in another villian to team up or follow up his performance in another sequel.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Remember the Meroni interrogation scene? That was a higher fall, and onto asphalt no less. Harvey fell onto earth, which cushions. And from a shorter distance. I'm fairly certain that he's still alive. A motionless person isn't a corpse. If they wanted him to be dead, they would've shown him being dead. Both eyes open.

My guess for the sequel was that they secretly hid him away at Arkham to get better and he breaks out.

• 1 decade ago

I think there may be a possibility of the funeral being a cover up, but I like to think he died.

• 1 decade ago

if you really want to know then an in interview with the screen writer they were talking about the sequel and they had planned to have the joker help catch two face...

• 1 decade ago

yeah...

...the coin landed face up and batman still lived after both of them fell, so why wouldnt dent...

funeral had to have been a cover-up and comm. gordon knows it...

• 1 decade ago

I think it was just a cover up because they wanted to make the city think he died a hero.

• 1 decade ago

Very hard to tell. Two Face is a Batman villian. It was his lucky coin though!!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Yea i dont think he dies either, I also think the next movie will be about Two Face.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.