Which is the best UK Broadband supplier?

I'm thinking of changing Broadband supplier later in the year and wondered which supplier would you suggest and why?

I'd like a fast broadband connection at a reasonable price. (I'm within 2 miles of a telephone exchange).

Thanks for all serious answers. :)

Being fairly rural, I don't have access to the cable network, sadly.

I am already with BT and find them very expensive.

Favorite Answer

In my experience..BT/Yahoo is a complete rip-off. Paid for their service for a year...never worked once and no one ever came to my house to help!!!

Virgin have been the only reliable one I have found.

AOL were ok until it came to closing the account. I used to pay for my Mothers account up until she died. They make it very difficult to get to talk to someone, but when I eventually did...the idiot kept trying to give me a cheaper deal!!!!

I ended up yelling down the phone SHE'S DEAD!!!...three times before the prat got the message!!!

In theory, Virgin Media has the fastest available broadband. In practice, as you are within 2 miles of an exchange, go for the highest advertised speed.

Orange home broadband is excellent when it works, but their customer service sucks;

BT is all-round average;

O2 home seems reasonably ok;

Those are the only ones I know of.

I have had BT Broadband for a half a year and i have found that it is very nice

If you have a problem it is very easy to talk to a person to help and they will solve your problem (90% of the time)

They are fast (depending on what speed)

But they are expensive, but i think it is worth it for peace of mind.

iv'e had bt broadband for over a year now and it's been great. Never lets me down and a good speed too.

Virgin cable broadband and Taltalk that 2 is the best.

Good luck

Definately Virgin Media! and as it's by cable the distance to the exchange is not relevant.

• john h

I use plus net, never had a problem, fast down loads and uploads , so much put off getting a DDSL link.

That is all I can say

Do not use TalkTalk unless you like calling customer service centres in India every week and not being able to use the net when you need to.

Source(s): Unhappy Talk Talk customer stuck in a contract.

I'm with Virgin Media (since March 2008), and I have not any problems.

Virgin is fast, reliable and cost effective.

From my experience.