is guiness good got pregnant ladies??

as i read a baby site which says a glass is ok due to the irons! is this right????

Update:

i meant to say, is guiness good for pregnant ladies!! i type to quick & make mistakes! silly me!

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Yes it is, a glass is more than fine. Make sure it's the proper export Guinness though (the can with the widget) and not the cheaper lagery stuff in a bottle or normal can. It's also excellent for breastfeeding, it encourages milk production - true story! Other real ales will help with milk production too, as long as they're all natural ingredients - just stay away from the cheap every day lagers with preservatives, etc. Even Irishwomen that don't drink will drink Guinness when pregnant and breastfeeding. Don't worry about the anti-alcohol during pregnancy people - of course I'm assuming you're not going to get sloshed every night! My Irish partner insisted I drink it (not that I minded) and I did a fair bit of research - it's not a problem. My 2 girls are both perfect.

• tuftug6 years agoReport

'a healthy little boy'. And this prognosis is based on your many years of psychiatric and behavioral research experience right?
      Please google FAS or start with the link below:
      http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000911.htm

• Dory
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Times have changed and women are advised not to drink alcohol during pregnancy. However when I was very ill in hospital having my first child in 1980, I was give a glass of Guinness every day to keep my iron levels up. I was unable to take iron tablets or have injections so I was told this was the best way to get Iron. I was in hospital for 7 months and was given this to drink every day.

• 4 years ago

Once infertility has been diagnosed, there are a number of treatment options available depending on the root cause of the problem. Learn here https://tr.im/8uNwq

Infertility is a condition defined as not being able to become pregnant after at least one year of unprotected, regular, well-timed intercourse. Women who suffer from multiple miscarriages may also be diagnosed as infertile. Infertility may be classified into two groups, primary and secondary infertility.

• 1 decade ago

Ideas concerning alcohol and pregnancy are constantly changing, but it's prob best to avoid it just in case.

Guiness is known to have high levels of Iron, which can become depleted whilst pregnant. However, best sources are still green veg, beans and red meat (although can make constipation worse) and I think you need to consume with Vit C??!!

If you have low iron you will be prescribed supplements by your doctor.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • meow22
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I knew someone who had 4 children and had half a glass every day 2 weeks before her due date, and every time after giving birth she wasnt low in iron and didnt need any iron tablets like the other women on the ward, so i guess its up to you really if you want to have a bit right at the end of your pregnancy to help your iron levels. a little bit wont hurt.

• tuftug6 years agoReport

"It won't hurt" Who? The mother or baby? And how did you verify this?
      Ever wonder how mental disorders develop?
      Have you ever seen a plant that was deprived of the necessary conditions during its early stages as a seedling? Can you compare this plant with others not so disturbed?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a glass not a pint of guiness is ok as is a glass of larger but only in the late stages so that the baby is mostly developed.you be aware though that drinking even in later stages of the pregnancy can sometimes affect the baby.just dont over do it..it does mean a glass a night or every second night it means a glass occasionally kk

Source(s): my local gp
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Reading Lessons for Kids http://emuy.info/ChildrenLearningReading/?Gx1f
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No its an old wives' tale.

They used to give it to pregnant women many years ago (my grandmother drank it when she was pregnant) as it has a small amount of iron and some very small traces of B-vitamins in it but really you would be much better off taking a Prenatal multivitamin for your Iron and vitamin supplement.

It is not considered safe for pregnant women to drink alcohol these days.

• 1 decade ago

Guiness or stout is good for pregnant ladies as long as you dont go over board. I used to have a bottle of stout everynight, because it is a good source of iron.. I cant stand the stuff now.

• Leigh
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

There should be 28 days from the start of a womens period to the start of the next period. If you count 14 days from the first day of the womens period that is the day there most viable to get preg. So if your looking to get preg have intercourse the 13th 14th and 15th day. Sperm lasts 2-3 days and a womans egg lasts 24hrs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.