Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you ever suddenly feel weirdly awkward around a friend(s) whom you've known for a while?

And you don't even have a crush on them?

How do you stop feeling awkward around this person?

Update:

Nikita, don't worry. My username refers to the song by Interpol.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well well well well well well well, its usually cause like when i think about it i start to feel it like your thoguhts control you and the way you act and stuff...

im high...

• Peace
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes I do sometimes, it is weird. I do not have a crush on the person and the situation is not awkward, I just feel that way for some reason. I think it is just because for some reason I am just in a weird state and therefore feel awkward at that time. Unless this is happening constantly with the same person, then maybe subconsciously you are trying to tell yourself something about that person.

Oh and by the way, Interpol rocks!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kiss them.

The only thing left to do is just fly right off the deep end.

But seriously:

People go through weird little phases, reconnect over some common ground.

Tell inside jokes, and talk about good times. Works 100% of the time.

• 1 decade ago

Only if I haven't seen them in awhile. After hanging out with them for a little bit with a group a people it gets better then I feel normal. You just need to find that common ground again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes, because I think of them as just a person, and I'm like, "What the hell? Who the hell are you? What am I doing here talking to you so comfortably," in my head, and then I feel awkward because I'm just talking to this, this person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah. actually today i saw my good friend from school outside of school and I kinda didn't know what to say. It was really awkward?

• 1 decade ago

from my experience

a. it happens because you haven't seen that person for a while

b. You don't know what to talk about, or you are worried that you don't have anything interesting to talk about

• 1 decade ago

you probably like them without realizing it and yeah i feel like that a lot just be outgoing and start talking and you'll feel better once you start talking about normal stuff

• 1 decade ago

nope...i don't feel awkward at all. they're my friends. all my inhibitions loose, all my timidity thrown out, when i'm with them i'm completely confidentt. ^_^

but if i ever felt awkward for no particular reason, i might be inclined to avoid them at all costs....because feeling awkward all the time around them can be unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah man, i feel weirdly awkward around people sometimes, people i know or dont....really weird. sometimes i think its anxiety? or i smoke to much weed...one or the other.

but i know what you mean!

WOW WOW WOW>.....yeah i just saw your name is Narc...i didnt mean what i said about the weed thingy eh....ha....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.