Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

White stuff in my underwear.. PLEASE HELP =(?

Well I've seen these questions on here before but i just really want a clear answer! Well I'm 15 and I started my period about 2 or more years ago.. BUt for about 3-4 years ive been having this white gooey discharge in my underwear, and its really annoying and embarrasing! At sleepovers Im paranoid that someone migh see the underwear that i wore the day before in my bag and i feel like im really unlucky cause the look of it makes me sick and i feel dirty. Some anwers say it happens to everyone.. Most of the questions said it only happens every so often.. But it happens every day with me !.. I'ts getting to a point that i could cry about it.. I really want to see a doctor to see if theres anything that could reduce how much it happens.. Can anything reduce it?... Please helpp ]=

it's cervical mucus

http://www.fertilinet.com/Cervical%20Fluid%20and%2...

A lot of girls confuse it with the discharge you get from an infection, but you could have the cleanest vagina in the world and you would still et cervical mucus, that's cause it serves a reproductive function, which is why you get it when you hit puberty.

Here's a chart

http://www.babychoice.com/Other%20Information/Ways...

All girls of reproductive age get it, don't worry so much, sheesh

Source(s): P.S. the term "vaginal discharge" is very broad and inaccurate because it covers a lot of different things. What you see on a daily basis is most likely cervical mucus

It is from the surge of hormones in your body. If it really bothers you, use pantyliners. Just make sure to change them through out the day so that you don't risk getting a yeast infection from the wetness.

If you feel itchy, you have a yeast infection. If you do not feel itchy, it is just part of being a woman. You will notice a few days a month that the discharge has a thich raw egg white consistency. This means that you are ovulating. Hope this helps and don't be embarrassed. Every woman gets it, just some women have it more than others.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Well I've seen these questions on here before but i just really want a clear answer! Well I'm 15 and I started my period about 2 or more years ago.. BUt for about 3-4 years ive been having this white gooey discharge in my underwear, and its really annoying and embarrasing! At sleepovers Im...

Source(s): white stuff underwear help: https://shortly.im/YSTqr

It's normal top have it because it's what keeps the vagina moist in between periods! I'm 11 and I got my period when I was 10, but 2 or so years before I started getting vaginal discharge. At first I didn't know what it was and I thought something was wrong me, but when we had the "talk" at school, I found out that it is exactly what your supposed have! I don't think there's a way to reduce it, but if you don't want the discharge to leave white marks in you panties, you could get pantieliners!!! There like smaller versions of pads for whrn you get your periods. They are really convienent because they prevent vaginal discharge from making a mess like pads prevent blood from leaking. So as I said, its normal, the problem is if you DON'T have it, because then the vagina can get dry and irritated. So you don't really need to talk with your doctor because your supposed to have it every day!!! ^_^

Please stop worrying about it. All your friends at the sleepover have the same discharge in their underwear too. Discharge is the vagina's way of cleaning itself. It's normal, healthy, and we all do it, some of us everyday! You are not sick, and you are not dirty, you are simply a healthy normal female!

If you are really self-conscious about it, you can start wearing panty-liners everyday! They are cheap to buy, and they will protect your underwear, and keep the dampness away from your skin if it makes you uncomfortable, and you can simply throw them out at the end of the day, so no one will see your underwear!

Again, don't worry. You are normal and healthy!

Hey, its normal =) relax. its happens to me everyday aswell...its called vaginal discharge.

Most girls start to find vaginal discharge as they reach puberty, often about a year before their periods start.

It is made up of salt water, minerals and cells from our bodies.

We make nearly half a teaspoon every day from when we hit puberty.

It's slightly sour - pH 3.5-4.5 on your litmus paper, somewhere between orange juice and beer...

What is it for?

It helps protect our bits from infection.

When girls get sexually aroused (turned on) their vagina secretes extra moisture which protects and lubricates it during sex. This is different from every-day discharge.

What does normal discharge look like?

Normal discharge can be clear, white, cream or yellow. Some girls get more than others.

It can also change during the month. Many girls find it looks a bit like raw egg white in the first couple of weeks after a period, then it can get more white and goo-ey towards the end of the month.

What do I need to look out for?

Changes in your discharge need checking out by a doctor. It may mean you have thrush or a sexually transmitted infection. So get used to what's normal for you.

Discharge can change in:

Colour: turning grey, green or even blood stained.

Amount: Keep an eye on your discharge so you know what's a normal amount for you.

Smell: All vaginas have an individual smell. That's normal. But if yours changes - that's different.

This is COMPLETELY normal. All girls have vaginal discharge. Usually you get more discharge when you get sexually aroused.

Vaginal discharge is good for your body because it's your body's way of cleaning out your vagina. It's healthy. And all your other girlfriends have it, too.

Read everything about vaginal discharge and some treatments in chapter "safer sex" in http://www.menstrual-cycle.info

Be Healthy and Happy!

its normal.

just wear a pantyliner.. if it bothers you

they have panyliners for thongs nowadays too.

it is vaginal discharge, usually it happens when having sexual intercourse. Try not to wear tight clothes that might ride up. Try not to get emotional. Do not get sexually excited.