Is the internet the beast from the book of Revelations?

My grandfather, a southern methodist pastor for over 30 years, thought so. What do you think?

• Luke P

My granddad thought the same. Then again, he thought his rocking chair was a spaceship to the Moon...

That's pretty messed up. I'm surprised the thought would even occur. Does the Internet have seven heads and ten horns?

Read Revelation (not "Revelations"). Seriously. Read it. You'll find that not only does it not make a lot of sense, but it also doesn't describe anything like the Internet.

Some people think the television has an all seeing eye inside of it and we are being watched. I know of some people who put a towel over the tv set when they go to motels on vacation. I have also heard of the government having the abilities to fly over our houses and look through the roof and see what we are drinking in our coffee cup. Police cars are said to be equipped with the ability to drive past our cars and houses and know how much cash we have inside.

No, but we can tell it will be used by the beast because it comes marked with a 666 (www means 666). Anything that comes marked with a 666 (examples, the pope, computers, bar codes, the six-pointed star) will be used by the beast in his kingdom.

To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever! Jesus is Lord.

ugh, i'm so tired of everyone inturpreting everything from the bible as a futuristic thing, the scripts were written when rome was the beast not the internet. many generations had their "Beast". If the internet is your beast than its because you decided on it not because the bible said it. Nero is dead the fall of the pagan roman empire occured long ago. its over.

The Internet is a tool. People do bad stuff on the internet(Porn, gambling, etc.) but that doesn't mean that the Internet itself is bad. Good stuff (research, genealogical work, etc) is also done on the internet.

I think your grandfather didnt really understand the internet.

• Ell

No. The internet is a series of tubes.

• Ark

right, and my ipod is the anti Christ and my fan is Satan himself

i don't think your grandfather understands what the Internet is

well i wouldn't doubt it's part of the picture. the increase in communications and globalization of the world due to such techology is a part of it.