mommyo
mommyo asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Is it worth buying a First Response pregnancy test or waiting for AF?

I am only two days away from starting my period but I am anxious that I may be pregnant.... finally! I tried a First Response when I conceived my son but it came up negative so I am a bit leery about spending the money again when I could be patient and wait. My gut feeling is to wait but I am very impatient when it comes to knowing one way or another. Should I bite the bullet and spend the cash or play the waiting game yet another couple of days? Decisions decisions. LOL. What do you gals think?

Thanks to all your opinions. FYI, Canadian dollar stores don't carry pregnancy tests. Sucks to be us, eh? LOL.

Favorite Answer

Definately worth it to buy 1st Response Early Result. It effectively detected all 4 of my pregnancies more than 7 days before AF was expected. I know everyone is different but I truly LOVE this brand, and like you, I have always had a hard time just waiting and waiting for AF... UGH! lol If you feel that you can stand to wait then go for it, but if you do decide to spend the money than buy with confidence because 1st response Early result is the best brand out there. I know from my own pregnancies PLUS you can research it and it'll tell you the same thing. :)

Good luck!! and baby dust!!

PS Forgot to mention I'm currently almost 6weeks along now and 1st Response detected this pregnancy at 8 or 9 dpo. :)

Source(s): Been pregnant 4x

I would definitely wait.

I took a First Response test three days before my period was due, and it came back negative. So after that, I decided to wait it out for another 10 days (until I was a week late) before testing again... it was positive that time!!!

So it's definitely better to save your money and just wait it out. IF you must take the test to satisfy your curiousity, I would buy the two-pack; that way if you get a negative and need to test again, you've at least saved some money.

Good Luck either way and I hope you get the result you want!!

Source(s): 21w2d pregnant with a baby girl!!!

I had to go out, and buy a first response test. It was 4 days before my next supposed period, and I could NOT wait! The second line showed up, but very faint. Yeah, I'd probably wait the two days, unless spending $10 is not a problem! best of wishes, and good luck!

• XXX

I so feel you. With the baby I'm pregnant with now, I started testing the week before I was suppose to start. And it finally came up positive 3 days before I was suppose to start. But I didn't use first response, I bought the generic store brand one.

Go to the dollar store and get the 1.00 or 4.00 tests. THey're cheap and you can stock up if you're as impatient as I was when I was TTC. And theyr'e pretty sensitive. I got a faint positive 5 days before I was due for AF.

I got a positive 3 days before my missed period. It was definetly worth the $10 to know. I know it's only 3 days, but it was killing me! The line was pretty faint, so I also did the Clearblue digital test later that day and also got a positive. Good luck to you!!

I took one of the Answer brand tests that shows up 5 days before your period. I was already a couple of days late but wasn't for sure because I'm very irregular. Both lines turned bright pink immediately so that led me to believe that they really do pick up more HCG than regular tests. I say go for it and good luck!

Since you're worried about money, what about heading to the dollar store and buying a pregnancy test there? The lines tend to show up really faint, but they're still urine tests!

Good luck... I hope you get the answer you want!

wait, I took a digital hpt 2 days before my missed period and it came out negative, I was two days late and took another one same test and in middle of peeing it came up positive. I would just wait or if you want get a 2 pack test =)

I say wait. I have never been pregnant but every once in awile I get nervous b/c i may get wierd symptoms and I go out and buy a test and I am never pregnant. Then I kick myself in the butt for spending money for no reason.