So I dropped my cell phone into water!?

So I just dropped my cell phone in water. It's a Verizon Motorola Razr V3M. I'm getting a new phone at the end of the month, but this phone is VERY important and my parents will kill me if it doesn't work. How I can fix it?

I turned it off immediatly, took out the battery, and wiped it very good. What more should I do?!

(P.S. I put this in adolescent because I know there are many teenagers who probably did the same as me.)

Last year my drink bottle was open and my cell phone was in the same bag as my bottle. I took the battery out and tried to dry it. It worked for a few weeks, but then died.

My boyfriend, when he got his new phone he accidentally dropped it in a bucket of water when he was in Australia. You know how when you have an air conditioner and there is the bit that goes outside? Well he left it there over night (it was summer) and then put the battery in it the next day and it still goes. This was about 2 years ago.

Try putting it by the heater or use your hair drier.

Good luck! I hope you get it going

...

• Lark

Been there, done that & I have some encouraging news.

I dropped my Razr in the pool last year & literally had to dive in and fish it out. Like you I took the battery out & wiped it down. Then I took the sim card out, put the phone on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven on 200 degrees for 30 minutes. I let it cool down, then put the battery & sim card back in, said a little prayer, and then did a happy dance when it turned on!

The phone still works perfectly.

Another idea is to put it in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb all the moisture. I did this when I got water on my iPhone & it also worked.

Go start cooking your phone....

: )

Take it and sit it a bowl of rice for at least 24 hours. The rice will draw out moisture but you might look into getting a new battery, hardly any batteries work after being in water, you did the right thing by taking it out of the phone it will help your phone dry out faster.

• Evoke

Okay, good thing you took out the battery. Now take dry it to the best level as you can...

Here are some suggestions:

Put your battery.sim/phone in a bowl of dried rice (rice before cooked)

Or put in fridge,

or hot water cupboard.

One more thing you could try it blow dry it on LOW level. If you have a lamp or something, you could also turn it on over night shining on your phone.

Good luck!

Oh my...I had the same one, and I dropped in the ocean. My mom, the first day she had her Razr dropped it in a glass of Coke, I think. Just dry it out, and wipe it. If it doesn't work, you can go to the Verizon store and get a replacement for $50. That's what I did. Much luck! xoxo

I've been there, done that TWICE!

I took the battery and sim card out, then I completely dried it with a soft towel, then I took a blow dryer and dried it until every last drop of water was gone, waited for a few minutes, worked perfectly. Hope I helped :)

I have that same exact phone, and it's pretty durable.

I'd just dry it out, and make sure it's near no water.

Just also try to see if it still works.

I think it'll be perfectly fine.

Mine's been thru a lot and it still works.

Hope this helps! :D

I know this is gunna sound weird but I heard if you blow dry your phone on a low level on cold, it can fix it.

good luck : )

• it should be ok if u took battery out and wiped it.. just leave it to fully dry out

Source(s): dropped mine in bath