Do guys run away from strong, independent girls?

Couple of my friends told me that I am too strong and independent which is why guys shy away from me. I never saw myself that way. I wouldn't let guys play their games on me. I don't let anyone disrespect me or my friends. If I like someone I will tell them directly. I tried to hold my feelings for this one... show more Couple of my friends told me that I am too strong and independent which is why guys shy away from me. I never saw myself that way. I wouldn't let guys play their games on me. I don't let anyone disrespect me or my friends. If I like someone I will tell them directly. I tried to hold my feelings for this one friend, I did it for 3 or 4 months and I have never felt so miserable in my life. So I told him and he freaked out. Now he is MIA. My friends can always count on me and I am a person of my word. I don't complain, ***** or create drama. It seems like guys just do not like me more than a friend. I play tennis competitively at school and guys refuse to play tennis with me or refuse to play any sports with me period. If I am interested I ask for a date. All of my dates say they admired and respected me and that is where it ends. It never goes any further than that. Why I can't find a guy who would appreciate me and love me for me? Guys just like to keep me as a friend. What do you think
Update: I think I am friendly and approchable since most of my guy friends before we became friends approached me first.