Survey: Catching someone in a lie....?

what do you do when you discover someone has been lying to you?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

aw shucks, Catholicmistake took my answer.

seriously though, I ask them to be honest with me. I always wanna give them one last chance to repent.

• 1 decade ago

If it's someone I know well, I try to find out why. Usually, the root of a lie is fear. Fear of loss, fear of being hurt, et al. Do I trust em again? Hmmm... depends on the level of the lie. We all do in some form or another, either a lie of ommission, a white lie at work, or amongs people we know, we lie about excuses... and anyone who says they don't lie ... just did.

It's a matter of degrees

Source(s): zipperhead
  • 1 decade ago

Play along, ask lots of questions until they get muddled up and then repeat back everything they've said to you with all the mixed up facts and say " i know you're lying". Mostly liars will run away from it or cry and say "I cant believe you'd think I'd lie" or just wont defend themselves at all.

• 1 decade ago

I have fun.

I ask questions that make them wonder if I know. I pretend like I'm making choices based on that lie so they feel guilty. I make comments the next time they tell me something like "Well.. if you're saying it, it must be true".

Anything I can do to mess with them, I do. It's fun!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Severe all contact unless it is a small lie. Then I confront them in an adult way and inform them this will not be tolerated any longer

• Dea
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mess around with them a bit, make them sweat a little like If I knew they were lying.

Usually gets the truth out of them in the end (:

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I will usually cut that person completely out of my life.......after trying to learn the truth. But sometimes...they believe the lie so much that it IS truth to them. All you cn do at that point is walk away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

confrontation as the best way,reasons behind the lie could be for a multiple of reasons such as fear of hurting someone or to impress someone,so many resaons, so it's best to confront the person and deal with it that way...xxx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it is from a person I care about, I confront them. Otherwise, I just ignore the person and carry on, I don't need the drama.

• tml
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I let it go and move on...I figure that I know what kind of person they are now, so that determines what kind of relationship I will have with them ! Life is too short to deal with drama

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.