Why are people so politically angry?

As a person with views that tend to agree more with the liberal political perspective, I have been rather outraged at some of the things happening in Washington, as well as some of the decisions taken by the Bush administration. However, when it came time for the primaries I researched both Republican AND... show more As a person with views that tend to agree more with the liberal political perspective, I have been rather outraged at some of the things happening in Washington, as well as some of the decisions taken by the Bush administration. However, when it came time for the primaries I researched both Republican AND Democratic nominees. I wanted to know who would be the candidates I agreed with the most on both sides. I am open to the posibility that others are better than the ones I agreed with the most. But why the anger? why be "against" those you don't agree with as much? Why so much anger and rage?
Why go after Obama or McCain, instead of being pro Obama or McCain.

Honestly, when I hear someone speak in anger, I can't take their opinion seriously. It sounds close-minded to me.
Why not say "I disagree" instead of "you're WRONG"?

I don't wanna hear any angry answers, I just want to hear opinions. if you post something angry, I will delete it.
Update: I don't want people to agree with me. I just want civilized answers, no name-calling please, this isn't junior high.
Update 2: ps: to the "libs" and "reps" I have heard trash-talking from BOTH parties. I have heard lies from BOTH parties. Biased anger from BOTH parties. they are BOTH splitting this country and its people into these pre-rendered political stances.
Update 3: Oh and Ihatelibs, my point exactly...