Internet connectivity Great! but no internet connection... (i need sum1 w/ great problem solving skills)?
Here we go. I have my home network set up with WPA2 encryption and Mac address filtering. Network setup is (Internet --> Cable Modem --> Linksys Router). I have 2 laptops connected wirelessly and a ps3. They all work great. Now my rooomate is borrowing a computer for the next month or so and the laptop connects GREAT. However, nothing will load. Things I've tried:
1. Connected the computer via a cat5e cable. Again, Great connection but no internet.
2. I can ping anything in the entire world by either domain name or ip address, 100% received.
3. Ive tried switching encryption to WEP.
4. Ive turned off encryption.
5. Ive turned off mac filtering.
6. Ive ran winsock.
7. Ive reinstalled both wireless and lan drivers.
8. I tried connecting to the internet thru a shared connection with another computer.
9. Static IP address.
10. Open port 80.
11. Disable UPnP.
12. Reset both router and modem.
13. Repaired connection.
Any other suggestions?
When I say I connected the computer with a cat5e cable, I mean I connected it to the router port. (the same way you would configure the router)
O yeah, I've also turned off all firewalls.
If I wanted to make a $200 phone call, I'll call Dell.
The solution was a corrupted .dll file in symantec.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavourite answer
wow....you did just about everything i would do...um i would maybe chat with dell support......they can answer just about any question and (if you have a dell computer) they could do everything for you through dell connect....but i really dont know what else to do sorry