I don't want to worry you, but I had to put my basset hound to sleep b/c her allergies were horrible. She was allergic to pretty much everything. I had expensive allergy testing done (which I'm glad i did, so i know i did what i could ) and gave her allergy shots for a year and it just didn't help my poor baby! It was devastating. They also gave her a couple of shots of either steroid or cortisone, ( i can't remember ). The first shot helped but the second didn't. I started out putting hot spot medicine on her (the kind that doesn't sting and you can get it over the counter) that helped, but had to put it on her everyday. She finally started getting cysts type bumps all over her back near her tail. It was awful and such a hard decision to make to put her down, but i truly believe she had suffered long enough. With all this said, please take it very serious and take your dog to the vet. Maybe if I would have gotten her help sooner the vet could've gotten it under control. And definitely have your dog on some good flea medicine and keep your dog's nails short which will help the dog not hurt himself/herself so much when scratching. And don't feed your dog table scraps b/c there may be something in that causing allergic reactions. I wish you well.