If i have to take a drug test at work, how should I dress?

I just got a job at a hospital as the assistant to the IT Director. And I have to go in and get a drug test at the same hospital. Does it matter what I wear? Would jeans and a polo suffice or should I put on a nice pair of Khakis?

Always dress nicely during the pre-employment stage. I think a polo and khakis would suffice, but it shows that you take the whole process seriously. Once you have the job and start, you can dress in accordance with your position. But the pre-employment part is crucial. It shows them how seriously you'll take the job. Dress plays a big part in that.

I agree with everyone else, that you should dress nice, since you are still in the "Pre-Hire" process. I think A Polo sirt and pants would be good, for A Hospital setting. In my "Field" (Oil-Field Industry) We say; Jeans and shirt are fine. As long as the Jeans are Nice, Clean, and NOT Dirty, Polo shirts Are The Norm for us. A Hospital IS MORE "Public Oriented" (Professional Appearance), so you should show that.

You would be better off dressing a little nicer than jeans seeing that you will come into contact with people you will be working with in the future. I would dress like you would when you start working there. If the test was somewhere else other than the hospital you would be working in, then dress would not be as important. good luck

I would wear a pair of Khaki pants and a light colored shirt. People talk. If you make a good impression on everyone you come in contact with...NO one will have anything negative to say! Why take the chance. You'll be a shoe-in!

Source(s): I worked in a hospital for years AND human resources for a healthcare staffing agency.

Jeans should be fine. Just realize that you areinyour work environment and may run into potential bosses and colleagues, so dress business casual,not street casual.

• Dan H

Dress as you would if you were going to work. Don't have to put your Sunday best on, but if you run into your new boss you will want to look appropriate.

Just go in with clothes that you would normally wear for work.

It doesn't really matter. As long as you can pee in the bottle and pass the test - that is all they are interested in.

Wear fake dreadlocks and a tye-die top. Maybe a bandanna and make sure you have at least one shoe missing....