Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Survey: When did you lose faith in God?

Have you ever felt that God wasn't listening or He forgot you? Does it seem like the pieces of your heart are so torn and scattered that there is no mending them? Who do you blame for that loss?

Survey: Is there someone to have faith in that can save me?

• smiles
    Favorite Answer

I have not lost faith but have questioned it. Yes I have felt that God was not listening and left me behind but I keep on the positive and try and mend the pieces. I don't blame anyone it is a part of life. You have to have faith in yourself.

Love ya

xoxoxoxo

~smiles~

When all else fails look inside and find your inner strength. That inner strength will save you when all else fails. When you get through the bad times you'll look back to see that was really God giving you the "inner" strength.

See, we don't always hear from God right when we want to or in the way we can recognize. But He is there at all times giving us the strength to face and overcome everything.

So if you have lost faith for now, don't worry. Most people get common sense as a religion when they first lose faith in God. They get really practical about things. Whatever, it works for the time you are doubting and will carry you until you find your faith again.

Never give up hope completely. My brother just did and now the world is darker and lonelier for us, his family. Don't ever give up on faith totally, Do not do that to yourself or your loved ones.

Source(s): You can always email me if you need help finding your faith. I've struggled with it like you and now have a strong and unshakable faith.

I never lost faith in God!!! You never blame God for anything, there are always things that happens in this life that God allows to happen to make you stronger, faithful, and sometimes appreciate things that you have lost. Is you have lost someone, this is the time that you need God and to not blame him for either someones stupid actions or someones sickness. And if that person was sick I would thank God because now they don't have to suffer anymore. Peace.

I still have faith in God, so the answer is never, but the amount differs at times. Yes, i've felt God wasn't listening to me lots of times. Yes, many times I thought he forgot me as my prayers seemed to fall on God's overwhelmed ears. Yes, especially now; but they are slowly mending, as God has provided me with many blessings and they are helping me through my very rough patch, and I'm certain I'll be better for it(as I am after rough patches), but this one will take a LONG time to get through. Who do I blame for the loss of faith in God? God. Because he knew what would happen b4 it happened, but he let my heart get trampled on anyway, and failed to fix the situation in my favor, so for a time, I questioned his love for me, and wondered y he had forsaken me. But now, I'm back home, surrounded by loving family and friends, who take time outta their busy schedules to pray for me, and to comfort me...and that, itself is a gift from God, because if God didn't give them a caring heart/spirit, they'd be selfish and not want to help alleviate my pain.

Source(s): Experience

When haven't I lost faith in the big guy upstairs.

I feel most of the time that when I do pray it just falls on deaf ears and then sometimes out of the blue something good happens to me but its very very rare.

I mean lately I found myself reading lots of books on chanting mantras to bring me an ounce of happiness and then I got sick real sick and I found that chanting these health mantras for me that is brought me back to some semblance of normalcy. I felt very at peace and I felt my petitions/prayers if you want to call them that came to true for me.

I am not here to steer you towards a religion/faith of sorts I am just letting you know of the one that made me feel happier than I have ever been.

Good Luck

There are times when we all feel as though God not listening, but you have to remember that is how you feel at the time. It doesn't mean He's not listening. He is always caring and listening and trying to comfort you. It's just that, being human, we fret, worry, doubt, and that is when we feel far away from God. He is still there being patient, loving, and trying to get our attention. Don't give up. He is there for you ESPECIALLY during the toughest of times. Keep praying. I've always found that God has worked through my toughest times....maybe not immediately but eventually.

You just have to do your best to live yur life the right way.

*Treat everyone and everything with dignity.

*Look at everyone and everything as how you think God would.

*Take cae of yourself

**Stay in shape

**Stay in school

**Worship (i.e., pray, read/study, ask questins ...)

Christianity gets a bad rap, because of the few Christians who stray and blasphemy God's word (i.e., hypocrites, back-biters, judgemental types, the whole, "Yer goin' ta HAIL" crowd ...)

The whole Church experience really CAN be cool and quite rewarding, and you have to shop around with the different Churches in your area to find a proper fit for where you are in your life.

*If you pray for God to open your eyes, he will.

**You might not like what he has to show you, but there really IS a plan for your life, and Faith will help to guide you through all of the mounds of dog-poop in your life's journey.

*Remember, God is not a concierge, He does things in His time, not ours -ergo the whole "Faith" thing ...

Please shop around the different Churches, find somewhere where you feel comfortable (it really will be quite unmistakable when you do ...), and speak with the clergy there about how you feel.

Best wishes to you.

(;=]

Source(s): *WAY too many positive and negative expereiences to list here; just thankful for how it's all turned out so far ... (;=]
  • Lisa

I think through different seasons in my life I might have lost hope (like after my divorce), but faith, I hang on to. There is nothing stronger in the world than faith. It is the rock of my existence.

And I have faith in God the Father, through Christ Jesus and evident through the Holy Spirit.

Honestly I wouldn't know, but I would recommend for you to fallow your heart with a little guidance from your mind to do what you think is best for you. It all comes down to what you want and feel comfortable with. Don't be ashamed or afraid to question faith, it's good that you do. It helps you to seek out your own truths and not be fooled into blind faith.

Keep you chin up, and don't take sh!t from anyone about it.

And don't forget to smile. =)

Source(s): Be naughty =)

Question 1: Yes

Question 2: No

Question 3: Life...it's just life

Question 4: Yes

I'm not Agnostic but my beliefs are. I believe in God but I gave but believing that he'll fix my problems. I don't pray, I don't read the Bible etc. I mean, I think he's there but there's a what if factor.