where can i get budget hippy maxi wedding dresses?

i'm not too keen on traditional white wedding dresses but have seen a white maxi dress that i like. it needs to be suitable for a relaxed hippy wedding as im getting married at the bottom of a waterfall next august. any ideas???

in uk too please

Ah, a girl after my own heart...I too will be having a "hippy wedding," near a cool little lake I found. Let me tell you, this is the time of year to look for the kind of dress you're talking about, because they're everywhere! Just buy a nice, hippy-looking white or off-white sundress that will work for your wedding. Maxi-dresses are in this summer, so you'll have no trouble at all finding one in white. I was SO lucky, I found my dress at Ross for like $7.50! I am serious- I was just there on totally unrelated shopping business and I just saw this perfect white hippy sundress and I was like, "There's my wedding dress!" Good luck, and don't pay too much because that defeats the hippy spirit. : )

Get onto your search engine and put white hippy/boho long dress. You'll be surprised at some of the sites that come up! Also try some sites like Monsoon etc and go to the sale dept. Monsoon do lovely hippy dresses

I was a hippy in the 70's. I wore maxi dresses or skirts with either tie dye tops or grandad vests or strappy tops. Bead, bangles and flip flops. In the colder weather I wore loon pants with triangle inserts. A fringed waistcoat with a suede wrist band (with mandatory peace sign) Peace sign on leather thong around my neck and long hair parted in the middle. Oh yes, and my guitar slung over my shoulder with Zeppelin, Purple, Hendrix and Cream albums under my arm. Hope that gives you some insight. Ah...happy days. I actually still wear long dresses and still listen to the music even though I have now turned 50.

Go on Ebay! Even most U.S. sellers will ship to the U.K. and since is far off in the future....they can send it the slowest way!

Type in "vintage white maxi dress" and see what comes up. There should be quite a few. Also try typing in "vintage hippy wedding dress."

Good luck!

http://raspberryberet.com/

Not quite like hippy maxi-dresses but I think some of those would fit your sensibilities and they are in the $150-200 range.

(if you get to the $800 Victorian Lace ones that is not what I meant!)

:-)

Fonthill Road in Finsbury Park is lined with discounted ladies fashion shops including bridal wear. You can find some good quality bargains.

Theres a nice whitle/charcoal dress from new look for £25

A lovely green and jewelled dress from monsoon

I just got married and I got my dress from here http://loop.fashionaware.com/06 for a great deal

I feel that skirts tend to either look kind of cheap or trashy if they are tight and short, or they are really just the run of the mill jean skirts that are not necessarily sexy.

Usually, that's too long for me. I consider it depends on the guy as well as his face though. Certain guys can easily pull off long hair and other folks can't.