Can I start my own business at the age of 16 i have expierence little but i have it?

i am looking to start my own business and i need to know wether or not i can do that

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

im pretty sure you can do it---but i think you should intern in a related field or have mentor in a related field before you do it. It's always best to get some good advice, & learn from other's mistakes. But go for it if it doesn't have a big start up cost. You need to do a lot of research as well

• 1 decade ago

starting a business, the age doesn't required for this but they are looking forward to your ability and capacity to handle the situation and how you can be effective towards your work. Starting at the young age is a good idea at least in your early stage you will learn a lot of thing about the world of business, though it will be tough but every kind of industry and business is really hard at first but if your have ur willingness and you really love your work then there's no way you can get used to it, and get rid of all the complicated stuff you will encounter. In business you will always have to think positive, be more industrious, effective, effecient and of course patience and the quality of ur service to all ur customer- this is the most important thing in bznz.. So Just go on and do it your own way... And God bless and hopefuly you'll be successful. And don't afraid in failures.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of Course you can!! I`m 11 and I`m going to start my own business. But I`ed at least graduate out of High School first.

• : )
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

why don't you go to a community college near you and take a business class. That way you can see for yourself if starting a business is truly what you want to do. I don't think you can get a loan at 16 though....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

whatever your business is, an adult will have to set up a tax id # for your business, get collateral, whatever. it becomes more complicated if you have employees.

check with your local and state laws, if you make less than a certain dollar amount you may not have to pay taxes.

some kids have started their own businesss but many of them had adults/parents as backers/and served as legal representation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you realize how big of a responsibility that is?

• 1 decade ago

no you need to get a college degree

• 1 decade ago

no you have to be 18 i think

• 1 decade ago

I'd focus on your education at this point : )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

...what kind of business???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.