what is a gimp?

my kids keep calling me a gimp and i havent a clue what they are going on about

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gim...

haven't you seen Pulp Fiction?

they are either calling you a cripple, stupid, or a sex slave

Gimp Urban Dictionary

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Ls7OO

Adobe Photoshop is very good, obviously it should be since it costs $700!!!!!!!!!!!. Otherwise people would be asking for their money back in their droves. GIMP can do about 99% of the same stuff as Adobe Photoshop, but it's free. I suppose it depends what you define as "better". If you are talking about value for money for ordinary folks who want to do a bit of image editing - GIMP is the best. If you are professional who wants to edit CMYK images or images with higher bit depths than 8bit (i.e. the only things GIMP can't do) - then Photohsop is best. And of course you can even work around the CMYK and the bit-depth limitations of GIMP by using plugins. Separate+ for CMYK conversions, and UFRAW, RAWTherapee, or Photivo for editing images with higher bit-depths. Plus all the plugins and updates for GIMP are also free.

What Is A Gimp

when you say "gimp" I imagine a little man clad in shiny black pvc head-to-toe with holes for his eyes. they seem to live under stairs at fetish parties and i dont think they have either an active or speaking part in any of the "plays", but wait to be lead around by some dominatrix transvestite. not a good look.

someone mentioned "Pulp Fiction"...there is definately one in that film

I would advise against calling a disabled person a "gimp" as it is derogatory - there but for the grace of God etc.......

EDIT - just read that your kids call you this. Assuming they are little it's probably something they picked up at school and dont realise. Ask them what they think it means, should make them think.

A gimp is usually referring to some one with a limp or crippled.

Not cool. Watch Pulp Fiction and you will soon realize what a gimp is. Or check the urban dictionary for these type of slogans.

Well, because you put it in computers and internet, I'm going to say The GNU Image Manipulation Program. That's what gimp is. No idea why your kids would call you that, but you posted it in computers.

a gimp is just a derogatory term. The literal meaning was originally applied to homosexual submissive fetishists but has taken on the meaning of someone whos is disabled or lame but i doubt your kids know that. they could call you alot worse

"The word "gimp" literally means - disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet - and whilst this is part of sexual gimping it doesn't adequately describe the whole concept of being a gimp."

Source(s): some gimp website

Maybe they are referring to you as a Gnu Image Manipulation Program, in which case you should take it as a high compliment! GIMP is a very complicated and powerful program, difficult to learn, and only for the very brainy. Books written about it. Artistas use it!

I have a copy of it sitting here, next to Photoshop, and it's just as powerful, maybe even more so, and I haven't learned either one yet.

So, you could raise your head, and think to yourself, "Yep!"

(Oh, and, P.S., their ability to grunt and say a word doesn't make the word true. You knew that, no?)