How can i have access to my deceased mothers yahoo e-mail account?

Unfortunately, my mother passed away recently. My parents own a limited company and at times my mother would use her personal yahoo e-mail account for business correspondance, now that my mother has passed away, my father requires access to the account. I have spoken to yahoo and they've told me that under... show more Unfortunately, my mother passed away recently. My parents own a limited company and at times my mother would use her personal yahoo e-mail account for business correspondance, now that my mother has passed away, my father requires access to the account. I have spoken to yahoo and they've told me that under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, they are unable to pass on access to the account to a 3rd party. However, having been in touch with the Information Commissioner's Office, i have been informed that the Act only applies to those that are still alive. Furthermore, i have told yahoo that i am not illegally or fradulently trying to gain access to the account as i can provide all the necessary legal documents to state that my father is the husband of the deceased and that my mother has actually passed away. Yahoo wish to waste my time & make life difficult by stating that i need to get a court order in order to gain access to the account. Is this true, can anyone help me with this?