Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

High Expectations For Dallas Cowboys, Fans?

Dallas Cowboys Fans, are you scared for the cowboys since they have high expectations next year? the addition of two first round picks, 13 returning pro bowlers, the addition of adam jones and zach thomas, and returning from a 13 and 3 season. I am a dallas cowboys fan, but if theyre under so much pressure, i think, next season that they could choke or the media would underrate them when it comes to the playoffs. I mean, i have high expectations for them and i want them to win, but do you think the pressure could affect them?

Update:

I mean, i know theyre good and i know theyre going to do great next year. its just the side thought that the pressure is pretty big

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I think they need to try to avoid all the pressure and just try to play consistently well (that includes the playoffs).

    That's what bothers me about my favorite team (the Cowboys of course). They have a very talented team, but I haven't seen them play consistently throughout the entire regular season and in the post season.

    I think all the pressure may have something to do with the inconsistency, but our team needs to play their best no matter what. That's the only way we are going to start winning in the post season.

  • 1 decade ago

    Excellent question and so refreshing I don't feel the Cowboys will feel the pressure after a back to back 2 season loss. They have heard all the negatives and are on a mission to prove what they can do. Romo being the rookie he was, in each game you could see that frustration. So even he is working on different things like how he stands plants his feet. I think he will have a better season. He just needs to carry that same attitude into the playoffs that he has all season. Hope you don't mind my making you a contact try and keep with all of the Cowboy fans. That way when a question is asked about them since they are hated so badly, you can get some positive as well as negative feed back..

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    They Have the Talent, the expectation of media and fans is only 25%, the other 75% is what they have of themselves, They have higher expectations of them selves than what the rest of world puts on them. I know they have the Talent and ability to go UNDEFEATED 19-0 and Win out. Those are My Hopes, My Expectations is that they live up to their own goals and I'm sure that they have high ones, Being the Dallas Cowboys, they are a franchise that has been Competitive and over .625 most of their history.

  • 1 decade ago

    Simply put, YES. Things went well in the off season. We have talent. But we still have to do it on the field. There are other teams with talent, but most of the contenders from last year lost something in the way of talent. Packers-Farve, Giants-Strahan. That doesn't mean that they or some other team won't rise up and be the class of the NFC.

    Patriots did a good job of not letting the pressure get to them during the season. I can only hope the Cowboys do the same.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It seems as if Dallas plays well until January. The pressure never seems to get to them until the playoffs start. I thought Dallas was the best team in the NFC last year, but they didn't play like it in January. I think the Cowboys will be fine.

  • 1 decade ago

    pressure effects every team in the nfl. the higher the expectations the more pressure. the pats are a prime example. its good to have expectations but there is a thing of too much. i think the cowboys will do fine this year. i think they have to win a playoff game to reach the expectations for them.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I just want to see them better prepared for the playoffs this year. I have no doubts they will win at least 11 games and make the playoffs, but I hope they are healthy and everyone has their heads in the game next year come playoff time.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Romo is being built up to be this amazing leader and the next superbowl MVP, anyone can fall under that kind of pressure. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but this team does have a lot riding on them and a lot of expectations. I could see them breaking down in the superbowl

  • 1 decade ago

    A real Cowboys fan will never say some crazy stuff like that. Let the rest of the world hop on our band wagon this year. We will take it and it will be pretty.

  • 1 decade ago

    I see perhaps anywhere from 12 to 14 wins for the boys...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.