Why has no research been given to magnetically generated energy?

I thought I was the first to think of it, until this afternoon. In fact it has been more than thought of. Scientists have said it's impossible to generate sustainable power with magnets (source: an article I read online, probably inaccurate). Yet I have seen videos on Youtube, along with a lot of other... show more I thought I was the first to think of it, until this afternoon.

In fact it has been more than thought of.

Scientists have said it's impossible to generate sustainable power with magnets (source: an article I read online, probably inaccurate). Yet I have seen videos on Youtube, along with a lot of other material, that shows there are people developing their own magnetic generators that offer power for less than 1 cent per kilowatt.

As I'm not an electrician, I don't know exactly what that means, but considering the context, I guess it means a lot of power for a tiny price.

And I wonder:

If this is happening, which it clearly is, why aren't world governments looking into ways to implement this almost free power, and quit digging up oil?