Lie on cv??

Ive been looking for a job for ages now im 16 and didnt take my gcse's.Im planning on going to college to get thembut i need a job in the meantime do you think i could get away with lying on my cv stating that i have basic gsce's??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • DrIG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First if you are16 you could not have been looking for a job for ages./

Do not lie on your resume.

• 1 decade ago

No, tell the truth. You may be lucky and they take your word for it, you may not. Lying on your CV, especially later on, will come back and bite you. You may get the sack, you may even be prosecuted if you got a job, and therefore pay, on the basis of a qualification you didn't hold.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes and no... it depends on the jobs you are going for. If it is something like working in supermarket or a clothes store then it is unlikely they ask to see the certificates.

However, if it is an office job or something along those lines it is likely an employer will ask to see the certificates.

• k
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

NEVER lie on a CV. Employers will find out about your GCSEs as they ALL demand to see your result slips/certificates.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

How significant is the potential on your pastime? are you able to verify greater to fill in the gaps? in case you tell them you would be fired, so attempt to hid it and study as much as you could from people who've that potential. and don't do it returned, its ok or flourish on skills, yet no longer outright lie.

• Jude
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No it's best not to lie. Most employers won't check, but occasionally the do.

• 1 decade ago

yes I think its definately worth the risk, you have nothing to lose - goodluck!

• Ozzy D
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yeah why not don't think they will actually check up on you good luck dude!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.