Atheist why do you worship money' and worship power?

as you yourselves admit' you don't believe in false Gods

• Favourite answer

We don't worship money or powers

Well at least i don't

By the way, if some atheists do worship money and all....then who cares? Why do you care anyway, you believe in god-so it should be personal, i would not ask you why do you worshop god, so why are you asking them why the worship money/power. And why are you directing this at atheists, im pretty sure i've seen some believers hyped up about power/money...very sure infact.

I think i have one thing to say to you, and i hope you take it in consideration:

LIVE AND LET LIVE

thanks x

xx

Source(s): MEv

Suggoth, a minor correction...

I think this is more of an immaculate MISconception.

Atheists revere freedom, something that the fundamentalist clergy would curtail if they could. But revere is not worship.

Atheist worship is a contradiction in terms.

Oh, by the way - atheists don't believe in ANY gods. To an atheist, ALL gods are illusions. They are ALL false.

I dont worship money and I don't worship power. What idiot told you that we do? and why in the world would you believe such nonsense?

Atheists do not worship any gods. None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

If I worshiped money and power I'd hardly have spent thousands of hours doing volunteer work over the last thirty years.

• LillyB

I see way more Christians chasing money and power than I see atheists. Why does the church seek to raise and hold so much cash? Why does the Vatican feel the need for such disgusting wealth? You hold the answers to your question - look within!

I am an atheist who now has a neutral carbon footprint. I worship nothing and I respect the planet!

• I'm a Christian and I don't agree with all the beliefs of atheists; however, this question is a little hypocritical. The US has anti-gay false prophet leaders of large anti-gay, pro-bigotry organizations and churches whose only goals are money and power. The vehicle to these goals is the effort to legitimize and normalize homophobia. If we are going to criticize this situation, then we need to start with those at the top whose greed results in the removal of civil rights for gay taxpaying Americans. That's where the danger lies.

what atheist (or person for that matter) worships money and power? I don't know how the hell you came upon that generalization, but who ever made it up sure is an idiot. And by the way, atheists don't believe in ANY god, that's why we're atheists.

Source(s): atheist
  • ?

Surely you jest. I worked in Human Services for 20 years. That's hardly the place for anybody who worships power or money.

Wow that is a silly question! Pursuing something does not make it something you worship. If you want to accuse an atheist of pursuing or in your words "worshiping" something I think it would have to be knowledge and the truth. Pay your tithing lately?

Are you extreme? would not a dictionary answer your question? Atheists do not have confidence in deities. that could contain devil, devils, in many situations ghosts.... some atheists could worship money or potential, looking on what your definition of "worship" is. yet many religious people do to. Atheism is barely a place approximately claims of god, not something.

As an atheist I'd quite happily believe in false gods it's the so called true ones I have trouble with.