Are the Brits mowing their lawn while the rest of Europe watches EURO 2008?

They didn't qualify this time around...*cries* NOT!

I love soccer-football-fussball-futbol. Hahahaqahqahqa

the "Q" in my laughter is an Arabic spice.

Remember 1966?

Sir know alot Ribery is the men in my book and Luca Toni

I certainly remember 66 - I danced down my front garden path making a lot of gleeful noise as Hurst made it 4-2 to England in the dying seconds - thus avoiding accusations from the Germans that we 'won' by default - the result of a Russian referee's default.

We lost the trophy in Mexico - next time round - when Maradona's "hand of of god" cheating changed the game - although his next bordered on the brilliant.

This is very much the season for mowing the lawn - but so many Euroland players ply or have plied their trade for British clubs - there will still be much interest in Euro 08.

Will Ronaldo do the busininess for Portugal - or Henry for France - etc etc,? It's a pity we have no UK teams to cheer on - but there's plenty of interesting matches to watch - and if the grass has to grow a bit longer for a few weeks - so be it.

MOw the lawn because you might get fined by the city if you go to Europe and didnt mow the lawn

We gave up bothering with European football after 66 on account of the urgent need to mow our lawns. I do hope the German team wins and doesn't accidentally get wiped out in a massive lightening strike and then splattered by a freak rain of hardened elephant dung. The q in your laughter could be an arabic element or it could be phlegm manifesting as the early symptoms of galloping nob rot, lets hope not eh.

This country is football crazy! we will still all be watching & supporting a neighbouring country. Yes I remember 1966 we won the World Cup. When have a Arabian nation ever won any important football tournamment?... Hmmmm

The only good futbol in the world is Argentinian. So I really don't know what yo are talking about dear.

The laugh reads like a hairball.

Source(s): Yahoo Guidelines and Services.

In Britain, it's not called 'mowing the lawn'...it's called 'shaving the hedgerow'!

Source(s): Granny Crabtree: "Git yore idioms straight!"

I did mow my weed today indeed.

My bush got chopped last week.

Is there a "Tea Sipping" Tournament?

(I would lose that one...)

• .....

*sound of tumbleweed*..........