Are the Brits mowing their lawn while the rest of Europe watches EURO 2008?

They didn't qualify this time around...*cries* NOT!

I love soccer-football-fussball-futbol. Hahahaqahqahqa

the "Q" in my laughter is an Arabic spice.

Remember 1966?

Update:

Sir know alot Ribery is the men in my book and Luca Toni

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

I certainly remember 66 - I danced down my front garden path making a lot of gleeful noise as Hurst made it 4-2 to England in the dying seconds - thus avoiding accusations from the Germans that we 'won' by default - the result of a Russian referee's default.

We lost the trophy in Mexico - next time round - when Maradona's "hand of of god" cheating changed the game - although his next bordered on the brilliant.

This is very much the season for mowing the lawn - but so many Euroland players ply or have plied their trade for British clubs - there will still be much interest in Euro 08.

Will Ronaldo do the busininess for Portugal - or Henry for France - etc etc,? It's a pity we have no UK teams to cheer on - but there's plenty of interesting matches to watch - and if the grass has to grow a bit longer for a few weeks - so be it.

• 4 years ago

MOw the lawn because you might get fined by the city if you go to Europe and didnt mow the lawn

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We gave up bothering with European football after 66 on account of the urgent need to mow our lawns. I do hope the German team wins and doesn't accidentally get wiped out in a massive lightening strike and then splattered by a freak rain of hardened elephant dung. The q in your laughter could be an arabic element or it could be phlegm manifesting as the early symptoms of galloping nob rot, lets hope not eh.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This country is football crazy! we will still all be watching & supporting a neighbouring country. Yes I remember 1966 we won the World Cup. When have a Arabian nation ever won any important football tournamment?... Hmmmm

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only good futbol in the world is Argentinian. So I really don't know what yo are talking about dear.

• 1 decade ago

The laugh reads like a hairball.

Source(s): Yahoo Guidelines and Services.
  • 1 decade ago

In Britain, it's not called 'mowing the lawn'...it's called 'shaving the hedgerow'!

Source(s): Granny Crabtree: "Git yore idioms straight!"
  • 1 decade ago

I did mow my weed today indeed.

My bush got chopped last week.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is there a "Tea Sipping" Tournament?

(I would lose that one...)

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

*sound of tumbleweed*..........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.