Dropped Cell Phone In Water?

I dropped my cell phone in water yesterday but it was only in the water for about 20 seconds. I removed the battery within 2 minutes and dried the phone off with paper towels (all i had at the time) I opened up the phone and let in dry overnight for about 12 hours. This morning I put the battery back in and put the phone on the charger. The phone turned on but when I pressed a button it immediately turned off. Is there any way I can still save it?

Favorite Answer

That happened to my brother the other day. He tried putting it in after 24 hours and it still didn't work. He had to go get a whole new phone. Go to your companys store and see what they can do.

But I have heard you can put it in a bowl of dry,white rice and that will absorb water. So you could try that.

oops, if it was the toilet dont feel stupid that has happened to me. I dont thing there will be a way to save it unless either

1. its a Nokia and you take the gel-button-cover-pad off and see what wrong

2. take it to your wireless carrier store

depending how lr phone you might be able to replace it. i think with verizon its 1 month. otherwize you have to have phone insurance. what i would do is call and get ACCIDENTAL insurance (theres also lost or stolen insurance and it is not good for this) accidental insurance may not be with your copany then your screwed. after you get it wait another day or so and call and say omg guess what happened to my phone i dropped it in water.. then they will replace it. :) btw accidental insurance is usually a buck or two more expensive then lost or stolen

Source(s): Im awesome with phones, and all the plans and things to do

You did what you could and you handled the situation the way you should have. Sadely, Ide say its too late to save the phone. 20 seconds in water is pretty long.

• The best advice I can give is to let it sit for a little while longer. If you do that and it still doesn't work then it may be time to get another phone. Ques: Do you have insurance?

you shouldnt have turned it own in that 12 hr time spand... still too early to use it. wait atleast a whole day or two before turning it back on...

at this point... it may be too late to save your cell phone.

• lowrey

in the beginning, if this ever happens back, right this moment get it out of the water and do away with the battery and don't positioned it back until the telephone is dry. in case you run contemporary for the duration of the telephone after this is moist, you're greater probably to fry the telephone. i be attentive to it is not common to stand as much as the temptation to work out in the journey that your telephone will potential on after its gotten moist, yet its suited to instruct it on in basic terms after its dry. With that being stated, take the telephone aside as much as plausible, which ability take the battery out of the telephone, do away with the back door (if perfect) and dry the telephone off with a towel. Then positioned each and all of the areas in a zipper-dazzling bag with dry rice in it. The dry rice will help pull the moisture out of the telephone. leave it interior the bag a pair of days. Reassemble the telephone and verify out to potential it on. I hate to declare it, yet likely your telephone won't functionality precise, yet optimistically you will have the potential to get it to potential up so which you would be able to get the telephone numbers out. I even have been fixing cellular telephones for a protracted time and customarily while they start continuously vibrating and don't potential on each and each of how (won't bypass to the main crucial exhibit) they are goners. in case you have a solid third-social gathering broking that has a tech on group and spot in the event that they'll sparkling the telephone out. company shops in many situations won't try this for you using criminal accountability, yet third social gathering sellers have not got the comparable strict regulations to persist with.

ur retarted, how can your phone b in the water fro 20 seconds. ur phones toast, get a new 1

did you tr drying it off with a hair drier