Monitor menu keeps appearing on screen.?

The adjustment menu keeps appearing on screen every few minutes. Sometimes it remains on screen for a very long time. When I try to turn off the monitor, it won't let me and I have to pull the plug out. I would greatly appreciate any help given. Thanks

further to the question that I asked, I would like to thank the people who responded to my question. Perhaps I wasn't specific enough to let you know that I can't even adjust on the menu. It literally won't let me do anything! This is even though the OSD is not locked. The monitor is a NEC Accusynch LCD. Here's hoping.

Favorite Answer

it is in need of repair

• vhivzi6 years agoReport

Thank you very much mr. trevbrat03.. it works for me.. Salamat po.. =D

1) do what it says - adjust settings as recommended

2) if you dont want to:

* open on screen menu (this is done by pressing buttons on the monitor)

* locate menu items that say something similar to "Resolution Notice"

* turn it off

If you have viewsonic, see this url:

http://www.viewsonic.com.au/kbase/article.php?id=2...

If you have other display the above link might still help as procedure is usually similar.

a million.click on "commence" on the backside left of the show 2.p.c. "administration Panel" 3. Double click on the "show" menu decision. 4. click on the "Settings" tab on the show verbal replace container. 5. pass the alternative slider to a various show length (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768). 6. Hit the "prepare" button and decide "confident" which you extremely p.c. to apply those new settings. 7. substitute the alternative decrease back on your selected putting. Hit "prepare" and "confident" back. 8.The icon would desire to now be long gone for good!

• Jack

Sounds like a Dell a friend of mine had teh same problem with. Return it. its glitched.