Where did you learn your dog training techniques?

Where did you learn? Observing your parents? Working with a professional trainer? Reading training books? I'm particularly interested in those who "train" by swatting their dogs. Where did you learn that? *Mine is a mix of watching my mom work with the danes we had growing up and the... show more Where did you learn? Observing your parents? Working with a professional trainer? Reading training books?

I'm particularly interested in those who "train" by swatting their dogs. Where did you learn that?

*Mine is a mix of watching my mom work with the danes we had growing up and the research I've done. I've only seen one person who thought extreme physical contact with a dog was acceptable. This man called himself a trainer...and he literally forced a dog to the floor while yelling "DOWN" in the dog's face. Funny....because this man had been my uncle's dogs' trainer for months. And the dog STILL did not understand the command.