I have a cyst on the back of my head what causes them and are there alternatives to surgery?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Its not very big but hurts when i touch it.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
If it could still clear up (or empties out if it's one of the surface kind filled with puss...yuck) it wouldn't need surgery. If it's continuing to grow over time and shows no improvement it may need to be drained or removed by a doctor.

Asker's Rating & Comment

4 out of 5
helpful
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • orangeheadgirl3 answered 6 years ago
    There really is no rhyme or reason as to why people develop cysts. Alternatives to having them removed are popping them and ignoring them. I doubt popping it will be an option for you because that involves a large force being applied to the cyst. Large forces are generally discouraged from being applied to the head.

Source(s):

I have had two cysts removed and have been ignoring another one for about 6 years now.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Polo answered 6 years ago
    The link below may help you a little:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sebaceo...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Wet Paint answered 6 years ago
    Ive had one they just get bigger and bigger and then it goes dus it feal sort of like lumpy and you can move it at little bit
    and some times it dont hurt when u tuch it ?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock