the battery on my riding mower always needs charged?

Every time I go to cut my lawn, I have to charge the battery in my mower! The battery is newer, cables look good, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

We were having the same problem, but we had to replace the battery. You may have to put the throttle up high when starting and then lower it. I hope I said that right. Otherwise get someone to look at it or try a new battery. Good Luck.

• renpen

Those little batterys are good for about 2 seasons or less. If you let it set with a low charge they won't last long at all. The only other thing would be your charging system. You can check the charging system but you will need to know what it is supposed to be reading. Most briggs with a seperate light circuit(lights won't come on unless the engine is running) put out 3 amps. If the lights work off the battery they put out about 15 amps.

I always disconnect the wires to the lights. Seem they have a habit of shorting out and wearing the battery down.

what kind or mower? does it have lights that could be draining the battery? have you had the better tested? even thought newer it could still be defective.

there might be an inline fuse that is blown. when you say newer the tractor batteries are good for about 5 yrs

check the water level in the battery