Would you be happy for your teenage daughter to become a "glamour model"?

Apparently two thirds of 15-19 year old girls rate glamour modelling as the ideal career.

Is this a sign that something has gone very wrong in society when the majority of girls aspire to get their kit off for "lads mags" ?

when you only have half a brain its the only career choice available.

Just look at some well most no all of the 'glamour models' not exactly endowed with a full compliment of grey matter now are they ?

well , when you have the likes of Katie Price, Lucy Pinder, Jodie Marsh thrust in your face day in day out, and they seem to be living "The Life" then yes, I can fully understand why a 15-19 year old girl would consider a career in Page 3. It's over by the time they are 25-26 , so they can't leave it much after 18 to get involved, if they want to make real money.

You must also bear in mind, the likes of Girls Aloud, Beyoncé, Rhiannah, The Spice Girls that were, all prance about half naked , not unlike glamour models themselves.

Kids today are bombarded with fashion, appearance & what other people have got. It's a materialistic world.

Yes, If my daughter wanted to do that, I'd permit it. Under my watchful eye. She'd have to be 18 to do a screen test anyway, so, she'd be old enough.

Edit. Ern T. You have to say why not? That's a very ambiguous answer.

Source(s): I know people.... and there's "glamour" and there's "grot" you have to know the difference.

I would be happy for her becauseit's a career. I'd be worried though too because it's a tough career that has a lot of emotional as well as physical strett.

I do believe its a sign that something's wrong with society. I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with guys necessarily, I think it has everythign to do with girls feel that they HAVE to be model/magazine beautiful or nobody will like them at all.

Be happy that your teen daughter has a goal in her life, even if it's unrealistic or not ideal. There's a lot of people that don't have any goals in there teenage years.

I'm 21.. and I'm no model, but I've wished I could be one... it's the need and want to feel beautiful... and having all eyes on you is a 100% sure thing saying: "wow, you're gorgeous.. can we take pictures of you?" .... it's society... and I wish it could change.

LETS GO BACK TO THE 40'S and 50'S!! lol

Absolutely not. I would hope my daughter has a little more self respect when she is older. I'm not going to dictate to my children what career paths they do or don't take, but I would not be happy at all if she chose glamour modelling. I think for young girls they see it as an exciting way to make quick and easy money and land a rich footballer. It is very sad when that is all some girls aspire to, I agree.

• No I wouldn't be happy at all and yes something has gone wrong in society if that is what young girls are aspiring to be these days!

Mind you, previously 'respectable' (nursing, teaching, social work) careers get slated so badly in the same press that give us glamour models, is it any wonder?

• Brian

Hi Jomamo

I don't have a daughter, so I may not understand all the emotions here. I think it would be difficult to not feel a lot of pride if your daughter was accepted as a glamour model

Not a career choice I would encourage though

I suppose you can see how young girls might be attracted. You don't need any qualifications, just a good body and you get tons of money just for lying around with little or nothing on. What a doss. And you'll be admired by men of all ages (whether that's a good thing or not is another matter).

Its quite a horrific society teenagers are growing up in.

Well it makes sense that so many young girls would rank that as their ideal career...im sure the rest of them want to be ice skaters and actresses! that doesnt mean its going ot happen.

It is sad that being a "glamour model" is something most girls badly want...that beauty is so important to us. But its the way we are raised these days...Beauty and modeling is related with sucess, and what young girl doesn't want to be sucessful, let alone beautiful?

I wouldn't be happy if my teenage daughter was to become a "glamour model" because with modeling comes eating disorders and the pressure to be super thin. I wouldn't want my daughter to put her life at risk for a stupid magazine.

...My 19-year-old daughter has no desire to become a "glamour model", though actually she is very pretty (glory to our Creator). She follows God's morals and principles and will stay modest and pure. She is saving herself for her husband to be. She will not be bought off by Hollywood's lust-filled directors and producers.

...So much of TV is a farce, and is based on one's outward appearance, rather than the person's character...beauty can be gone in a second.