if "haram" means forbidden in arabic/islam, does "halal" mean it's permissible?

Favorite Answer

Dear,

Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahhi Wabarakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

My answer is simple, short and sharp. You're "Correct".

Wabillahhitaufiq Walhidayah Wassalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahhi Wabarakatuh.

Yes haram is forbidden or not allowed and halal is permissible or allowed.Haram and halal are spoken in the holy Qur'an such as for haram to eat pig meat,animal blood,animal which is not slaughtered by saying bismillah,died animal,slaughtered animal for worship to idols,smoking,alcoholic drink,drug addict, etcBesides that there are many another harams such as syirik (make ally to Allah),insulting,killing,cheating,gambling,adultery,fornication,lying,oppressing,crueling,stealing etc.Anything which is not prohibited by Allah as spoken in the Qur'an and also in hadith of Muhammad pbuh as life guide, is halal.or permissible.

Damn it, Alec nailed it! I am now more in love with you than ever that SOMEONE actually KNOWS who Louis-Ferdinand Celine IS. "Journey To The End Of The Night" is my favorite. I've used a highlighter marker on most of the book. I still have to read, North, and the rest of the trilogy. "Death On The Installment Plan" is a MUST. Good for you, Buk!

yes, simple. Haram means anything that is forbidden. it could be any act or anything regarding to food. e.g. Zina, or adultery, and Pork,gelatin of pig.

And halal means any act or food which is permissible. e.g. Marriage (nikkah) or beef, slaughtered the halal way by mentioning Allah's name.~!

Yes, it does.

Haram=Forbidden

Halal=Permissible, Allowed

• Good Job!

yes

yes

You can use http://www.islamic-dictionary.com to find the meaning of words like those.

yes it does