if "haram" means forbidden in arabic/islam, does "halal" mean it's permissible?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear,

Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahhi Wabarakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

My answer is simple, short and sharp. You're "Correct".

Wabillahhitaufiq Walhidayah Wassalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahhi Wabarakatuh.

• 1 decade ago

Yes haram is forbidden or not allowed and halal is permissible or allowed.Haram and halal are spoken in the holy Qur'an such as for haram to eat pig meat,animal blood,animal which is not slaughtered by saying bismillah,died animal,slaughtered animal for worship to idols,smoking,alcoholic drink,drug addict, etcBesides that there are many another harams such as syirik (make ally to Allah),insulting,killing,cheating,gambling,adultery,fornication,lying,oppressing,crueling,stealing etc.Anything which is not prohibited by Allah as spoken in the Qur'an and also in hadith of Muhammad pbuh as life guide, is halal.or permissible.

• 4 years ago

Damn it, Alec nailed it! I am now more in love with you than ever that SOMEONE actually KNOWS who Louis-Ferdinand Celine IS. "Journey To The End Of The Night" is my favorite. I've used a highlighter marker on most of the book. I still have to read, North, and the rest of the trilogy. "Death On The Installment Plan" is a MUST. Good for you, Buk!

• 1 decade ago

yes, simple. Haram means anything that is forbidden. it could be any act or anything regarding to food. e.g. Zina, or adultery, and Pork,gelatin of pig.

And halal means any act or food which is permissible. e.g. Marriage (nikkah) or beef, slaughtered the halal way by mentioning Allah's name.~!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it does.

Haram=Forbidden

Halal=Permissible, Allowed

• Good Job!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can use http://www.islamic-dictionary.com to find the meaning of words like those.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it does

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.