Buying a Laptop...HELP??

Ok so I'm in my final year of school and am looking for a laptop that will hopefully last me through university. I will mainly want to use if for work and internet. I'd also like to be able to add other software as I need it eg. iTunes etc.. I have crap eyesight so I want a screen as big as possible and it... show more Ok so I'm in my final year of school and am looking for a laptop that will hopefully last me through university. I will mainly want to use if for work and internet. I'd also like to be able to add other software as I need it eg. iTunes etc.. I have crap eyesight so I want a screen as big as possible and it to be as light as possible.

If you could answer some of these questions that'd be great and any tips are also appreciated.

1) Mac or PC? I've been reading about both but can't see which would be best from my needs.
2) If I got a Mac, would I be able to transfer files using a USB from my Mac laptop to my PC home computer?
3) I'd like to have internet connection everywhere I go, what is the best type to get? I'd like lots of download space.

Thanks in advanced. Also I'm not that smart with computers so if you could answer in simple terms that'd be good. :)