VICTORY DAY TODAY!!!!! My respect to those who fought and lost their lives, fighting Nazis?

Sorry got deleted the first time but it is a joyful day that needs to be remembered Today is a Great day, because 63 years ago on May 9th 1945 Nazi army was finally defeated in Europe. Russia, Ukraine and many other Eastern European nations celebrate this day as one of the greatest days there is. Its a... show more Sorry got deleted the first time but it is a joyful day that needs to be remembered

Today is a Great day, because 63 years ago on May 9th 1945 Nazi army was finally defeated in Europe.

Russia, Ukraine and many other Eastern European nations celebrate this day as one of the greatest days there is. Its a holiday full of celebrations and happy activities, it’s a day off work and parades everywhere. Since almost every family lost someone in this terrible war, I believe it is important not to forget and to honor those who fought and lost their lives.

On May 9th 1945, My grandmother finally received hope to see some of her surviving siblings and mother to be finally released from concentration camp, and my grandfather who started fighting the was at 15, could finally start living a peaceful life.

If anyone else feels like it is important to honor the brave soldiers please comment and feel free to add!

This is a happy question
We say S Dnyem Pobedi! С Днем Победы!
Update: People that commented before please comment again :D
Update 2: I'm stealing this from another post, but it is a VERY big deal in all Former Soviet Union Countries http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/24528/video
Update 3: Isa, I have absolutely nothing against Germans, but I have a whole lot against Nazis. This is to remember the people who fought against them
Update 4: Oh Janet, I know it was terrible times.... My grandmother was Jewish and the only reason she was not sent to the concentration camp, because another family, who's children blew up on a mine, took her and her brother in as their kids. Her other 3 siblings and mother were taken away. None of the 3 kids survived,... show more Oh Janet, I know it was terrible times.... My grandmother was Jewish and the only reason she was not sent to the concentration camp, because another family, who's children blew up on a mine, took her and her brother in as their kids. Her other 3 siblings and mother were taken away. None of the 3 kids survived, she was reunited with her mom after 3 years, but the only thing they received from her dad was a leg. The rest of him blew to pieces. She had to work in military camps at 12 and help take care of wounded soldiers. She had Alzheimer's before she died and was very parranoyed, hiding food everywhere and complaining that she is abused. It was very painful to watch