Jay
Lv 4

is there a difference between the Sundays and the Cranberries?

I know that Sundays are English when the Cranberries are Irish, though was there a rivalry or anything?

What are the differences between these two groups?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Obviously it's a matter of opinion however, The Sundays were far more influential in their style and originality of music. The Reading, Writing album for instance has been likened to the early creativity of The Smiths and songs from it have stood the test of time i.e Here's where the story ends. In their latter career, Their only *real* hit track was Summertime.

The Cranberries on the other hand (IMHO) appear to have been part hype and produced music - though while not influential on a later Independent scene, that was fairly unique mainly due to the female vocalist.

Both groups vocalists were female and sung in a style which the listener either liked or loathed (much like Chris Martin). The Cranberries were more commercially successful than The Sundays

As for rivalries, at their heights, the groups were around at different times. The Sundays were circa 1988-1991 wheras the Cranberries had their fame circa 1993-1995

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Cranberries are the sort of band that appear after a while - they take someone else's sound, bland it down a little bit and become successful with it. I don't mind The Sundays, but I never had any time for The Cranberries.

• 4 years ago

Friday - end of school week, start of the weekend, can sleep in the next day, can go out that night :) Sunday - depressing due to the fact of school the next day, they are usually always boring, can't sleep in the next day :(

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Both did twee , clever, catchy little pop tunes but The Sundays were aways more "credible"...The Cranberries were pretty wet and weedy really.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ok sunday is a DAY and cranberries ARE NOT! get the picture?

• 1 decade ago

They're two totally different kinds of food though both could be desserts I suppose.

Source(s): me
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They make different music.

• 1 decade ago

um, yeah, like two different decades.

• 1 decade ago

They are spelt differently...

Source(s): Oxford English Dictionary
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.