Why Do You Hate Dallas Cowboys Fans?

Alright as most of u know Im a devoted Boys' fan win or lose.. (born n raised fan).. So I know we're hated by almost everyone.. so please amuse me with why u hate us Cowboys fans!!

10 points for the best answer :D

Favorite Answer

People who hate the Cowboys are jealous, ignant, or misguided.

Let the thumbs down begin.....I predict: 10 down...2 up

• Betty

I don't hate their fans, but some of the things they say drive me crazy. Who cares about winning 5 Super Bowls? I'm a Yankee fan and I don't even use 27 championships very often when arguing with a Red Sox fan. You are in no position to pronounce your team godly if they haven't gotten to the big game in almost a decade and a half. I don't particularly like Brett Favre but everybody on this site was saying how Ware and Spears would end his career once and for all, Romo would continue riding the success after beating the Eagles, blah blah blah. They can't base an argument of why their team is better without the # of Super Bowls, and considering that the Cowboys aren't at the top of the NFL in that category anymore, they really have nothing.

I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan, and my dislike for the Cowboys was bred in the 1970s. Having seen George Atkinson's malicious hit on an unsuspecting (not to mention out-of-the-play) Lynn Swann, my impression of Dallas has always been based in that one dirty play. I know it's not how they are now, but it has been in my mind from childhood, so that's my instinctive reaction to Dallas, and I have to fight against it constantly.

Having said that, I hope that I can be objective when answering your question about their fans, so here goes: Along with the New England Patriots' fans, Dallas Cowboys' fans (not all, and obviously not you, but MANY of them) are "fair weather", "bandwagon" fans. But in particular: Those with no allegiance to any NFL team are bombarded with the Cowboys' self-proclaimed hype of Dallas being "America's team."

And, since New England has been so good recently, and they ARE, of course, called the PATRIOTS, the perception is that it is somehow "un-American" to not root for the Cowboys or Patriots.

So while I don't necessary hate the fans who genuinely root for the Cowboys, I DO hate being called less of an American simply because I do not root for them or the Patriots - who, incidentally, have finally been PROVED to have cheated my Steelers in the 2002 AFC championship game.

It's just like with Yankees' fans: Since most of them are bandwaggoners, you never can be sure who really roots for the team.

I don't really hate the Cowboys. They have the same kind of TV drama the Lakers do. Very entertaining.

If I had to point to one thing, it's arrogance. The 90s bred a whole level of it.

My biggest concern is Jerry Jones. His face has been stretched dangerously, unnaturally tight. If the tissue ever snaps, it's going to seriously injure everyone within his immediate vicinity.

• cmoney

I dont hate cowboy fans; just the team itself. If I hated cowboy fans, I wouldn't be talking to about 3/4 f my friends

I dont hate the Cowboy fans in fact the 1st team that I really liked was "the boys" but I'm not a fan of T.O. I think he is the biggest jerk ever to wear a Football uniform... now I'm stuck with the Lions , I like the Pats too ( I know-I know)

Well, I'm a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan, so you know that I'm going to be biased from the beginning against the Cowboys and their fans given the success that they've had against my Packers for so many years now...

...having said that, I don't really "hate" per se, any Cowboys fans, just dislike the team that they cheer for and the way that some of them are so cocky about their teams success. But this makes me a hypocrite too, because I get cocky about the Packers as well.

I really don't like the way that the Cowboys refer to themselves as "America's Team" though, because as an American, I want nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys. They're certainly not my team.

Oh by the way, I'm a fan of your cheerleaders, though. I've also noticed that a lot of female Cowboys fans on this forum post their own pix. as avaitars, and there's a whole lot of hot ones. LOL So that helps your fans out. But that's neither here nor there. Right? =)

I wouldn't say hate, but I would say that I'm annoyed by some of the arrogance I've seen from cowboy fans. I mean, all our teams lose once in awhile, but cowboys fans always have an excuse for it. And the whole "America's team" thing really gets under my skin. My husband is from Dallas and me and him go back and forth about this all the time.

It is the same as why people hate Yankees fans. The Cowboys always win and have won a lot of Superbowls. They have more money and spend it to win.

Don't sweat it. Tell em, drink gatorade not haterade!

I don't hate them. I have several friends who are Cowboys fans including my brother in law.

It's just the "America's Team" business that is silly to me......

why not? they have become a pretty good team recently and they seem to sign thug players like tank and pacman (tank worked out so far). plus they signed TO like 2 years ago and i don't know about anyone else but i HATE his attitude off the field. hes pretty good football player though:P plus alot of cowboy fans ARE bandwagon jumpers id say even more then on the pats. (your loyal though) and there called Americas team which like every team wants to be know by that.