Question! What do you think of these 25 well thought out stupid laws 10 points for best answer?

25. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

23. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

22. In France, it is forbidden to call your pig Napoleon.

21. Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

20. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

18. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

16. In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

15. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.

14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

12. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

10. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

9. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.

8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.

7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.

4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.

2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

1. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

Ok, now you see? This is EXACTLY why I refuse to ever travel to Ohio. Next thing you know, you won't be able to smoke a salmon in Minnesota.

• Kellie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Can you explain why you said "caste system is bad"? You have no idea what the Caste System actually is. People have misused the Caste System and oppressed other people for 2000 years, but that doesn't mean the real Caste System is discriminatory. Now coming to the real point. If pre-marital sex is made socially acceptable, then it would mean that "sexual intercourse is the objective and the basic requirement of life". May be sexual intercourse is the objective of life in western society, but India’s 10,000 year old civilization is way better than that. The Hindu values are extremely pure in nature and puts many things ahead of intercourse. I’ve never seen any Indian girl molesting men, it is only the males who become eve-teasers or even rapists. Indian women are fine with losing their virginity at 25; the problem lies with men alone. In USA, every girl who has completed 13 years of age, becomes desperate to lose virginity. 50% of their babies don’t have a legitimate father. Do you want India to become like that? World’s largest wh0re-ville? A population of bastard progeny? There is no difference between sex with a stranger and prostitution. The people in Kali Yuga have really fulfilled the prophecies like – “Men will commit sin in thought, speech and action. Pleasure will be the only reason for marriage. Lust will be the only reason for womanhood.” edit - Sex is not a basic requirement of life. The basic requirements are air, water, food, shelter, clothes. Any living being would easily survive without intercourse. Nowadays its a fashion of giving "psychological" justification behind any agenda. I'm sure some people would say that rapists are innocent since they get low self-esteem because they were ignored by women before, which forced them to become rapists. After all their raging hormones never got satisfaction lol

• 1 decade ago

Amendments, 2008

25. change to Rabid Corpses, omit dog

24. change to get caught dying

23. make the London Eye the monarch stamp, doesn't matter which way you put it, it's round

22 add during mating rituals

21 add "only if the UK tax man wants to know what he knows that I know"

20 add, unless declared legally blind by the DMV and has passed the written test

19 change to under aged fish, fish over 21 inches are allowed to drink

18 due to inflation has been increased to two barrels

17 add " and up to six weeks post delivery"

16 change "unless he is carrying on a conversation concerning why he was stopped"

15 add "skating is permitted where white lines are marked on the floors"

14. unless said masturbation is done in the name of medical science

13 change to 4 hours of short bow

12 only if one of the geese have a license

11 only if he can not safely make it to the station

10 must have rear-end(attached to clothing) flashers as not to cause an accident

9 exempt if marrying the pilot

8 and shorter than 5 feet

7 must make advanced reservations

6 6 feet long

5 must have your shots and tags first

4 will be issued at birth

3 unless Driver has plague also

2 dr shall draw 2 eyes above the pubis bone and act as if he is carrying on a conversation

1 if she needs more bones, by all means let her have the whole whale

• 3 years ago

The suggestion of an obedience class is an excellent one. Read here https://tr.im/epOKw

It will help your dog learn to behave around other dogs, and help keep your training moving forward as you'll want to be prepared for the next class. Also, a good instructor can be a wonderful resource, someone to help you with any questions or concerns about your dog. Leash training can take a LOT of time and patience, depending upon the dog. I'm not sure what you mean by 'horrible on a leash' but my basic suggestion is that you take a lot of yummy treats with you on walks. When your dog behaves well on the leash (not pulling) praise her and give her treats. Change direction a lot so that she learns to pay attention to YOU and where you are going. It's also helpful to teach a "Watch Me" command such that whenever your dog looks at you you praise her and give her a treat. About chewing, yes a Kong is a great chew toy. Some dogs also like Nylabone brand bones. I suggest also teaching a "Leave It" command. You use this when she shows interest in chewing on something she shouldn't. Then immediately give her something she is allowed to chew, such as the Kong stuffed with somethig yummy. This same command will be helpful on walks when she wants to sniff or eat something she shouldn't. Again, when she does leave the item alone, be sure to give lots of praise. I would look into an obedience class right away. I think that you'll find that a good obedience class can help enormously! Good luck and enjoy your new dog.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That rule about Welshmen in Chester sounds like some of the "sunset towns" here in the northern part of the U.S. years and years ago, where black people were not allowed in town after sunset. It's racism, basically.

I can understand some of these laws; even #2 sort of makes sense because it's set in a culture where modesty is strongly encouraged. Some of them, though... *shakes head*

That's OK. In Memphis, Tennessee, women are not allowed to drive cars unless there's a flagman out in front to warn other drivers that a woman is out driving. Last I heard the law was still on the books but a cursory examination of the roads in that city will tell you nobody bothers obeying it.

• Dinah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Maybe rabies is contagious by contact, and a corpse needs to be transported by officials.

So if you die in the House of Parlaiment, who pays the fine.

So the post office will stop dead still, stop all their processing equipment, pull your letter, give it to authorities, find you and try you? I don't think so.

It doesn't make sense to call a pig Napolean anyway. He can't put his hand inside his jacket.

About the tax avoidance, you made it up. You had to have.

That's because in Alabama, there are people who drive blind without blindfolds.

I was gonna answer all of these, but the movie I'm watching on the side is too good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LOL...oh dear Suzie...these are wonderful! I can't get over #24. And #9....lol. I'm not married so I will be careful if I visit Florida and not parachute on a Sunday. Is that where that song came from...."Never on a Sunday"? A great laugh before bedtime....thanks always Suzie.

• CJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

OMG Suzie - no wonder the tourist trade is down in Indonesia - and I am so happy that I do not live in Bahrain!

Thanks for the giggle - loved it! A star for you! CJ

Edit - for Empt911 - if you do not like Suzie's jokes, find your own and contribute to this site like the rest of us do! CJ

• Donna
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sad but too true. So many old laws on the books that are hilarious but ridiculous at the same time. Now I know what you are doing when you are absent from seniors . It's a bit like homework isn't it. Good Job!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sounds like laws made by men who were old, stupid, immature, insecure, dumber than bags of dirt, dumber than doorknobs, scared of losing their heads, lives or jobs or just plain old being gummed to death by the women who weren't allowed to have false teeth without the morons permission.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.