Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

how long shoudl you wait before you should marry someone?

WHats the right amount of years to get to kno wsomeone before you tie the knot..

make sure you know them well enoguh they wont turn on you in the marriage and cheat and do all that bad stuff!!

how do you know?

• Seija

I would say dating for at least two years. Then you can see how they handle holidays, stress, etc.... This doesn't count long distance dating.

Source(s): Been there, done that
  • Susie

I would say absolute minimum 3 years...but even relationships that have been going on for 5-6 years often don't work out, so longer is better. My aunt didn't get married until 12 years after she started going out with the guy who is now my uncle!

Sorry, but there is no right or wrong answer here. You will never know for sure if your husband will cheat on you or not, but you could have a top-notch relationship (that is free of jealously and control) and he will never screw that up. If a guy has a beautiful, non-controlling, non-judgemental wife then he won't dare betray you. Oh and if a guy cheats once he'll do it again and again.

my parents married after 7 years!

my friends married after 2

it honestly depends on the realtionship you have, how your connected and if you both honestly feel its time

if you both feel it, and madly want to be together for the rest of your life, then do it..otherwise no

it depends on the relationship but i say at least a year