Why does everyone hate My Chemical Romance so much?

I've noticed that a lot of people hate My Chemical Romance and think they suck for no apparent reason other than "they're a whiny emo band" or something like that.

So, what are your reasons?

I know they're not emo.

To Cold Roses:

Um, okay if I perpetuate hatred. I don't care. I'm not saying you have to like them, it's just I wanted to know why people didn't like them, because people say that they hate them all the time and don't give reasons.

Favorite Answer

I think it's just because so many teens are associating themselves with the band. Before this explosion of so many people liking them they weren't hated. I don't have anything against the band myself I was hooked onto the way they wrote lyrically what they were trying to say. I know that there are better ways of saying goodbye to a grandmother and friends that have passed away but it's what makes them unique. These guys have gone through horrible crap that alot of people don't know and they write their songs with metaphors to comics and dark stuff because its how they grew up. I personally don't hate the band, Frank was nice enough to stop watching MSI's performance during one concert to come over to us and say hello and sign autographs and such. I think alot of people have prejudice from BEFORE they listen to the bands that they categorize as "emo." It happens alot- people hating what is seen as "pop" and such. Now they are labeling emo as the new pop of this stage. But that's just my opinion. My sister dislikes them because of the "death, murder, etc" that their songs talk about.

Incoming Rant.

I intensely dislike both people who continually bash a band, and those who see no fault in a band, and how both seem to think that anyone who disagrees is a loser, poser, and so on.

I also dislike people who pseudo-religiously follow a band, until they make it big, then they are instantly "sellouts" and anyone who discovers them then as opposed to when they were pretty underground is a "poser".

What's happening here, people? To me, music is art, and art is pretty subjective. People aren't any less worthy of respect just because they like something you hate, or vice-versa.

And as for bands "selling out"; what proof is there that they did? Are there people stalking them? Living with them 24/7, heck, living in their HEADS so they'd know that they're total sellouts? We can't say that they didn't sell out, but then again, neither can we say they did.

Summary; these arguments and flame-wars are pretty damn immature, which is why I actually HATE to get into discussions concerning music. As the question states: give a reason why you hate the band (and, yes, not liking the sound is a valid reason), instead of the usual drivel. And I say, please be mature about it.

End Rant.

To answer your question. I neither like nor hate MCR, though I do find a couple of their songs amusing (yes, amusing). Then again, my taste in music shifts with my mood, and my "favorite band" changes on a weekly basis. Who knows what my thoughts on MCR might be in a few days.

Edit: Oh my GOD, Know?, don't get me starting on those fangirls.... ugh....

I don't hate the bands. I actually like them.

I HATE (can I emphasize that any more?) HATE the fangirls. seriously. Who say they are the greatest band ever and who sing the same lyrics off the radio and can't get them right. These girls who can't sing to save their $4 starbucks and buy all the posters they offer at hot topic because 'the guitarist is sooo Hawt! (squals)'. The girls who, by next year, will have moved onto another band. The girls who say they've always have been the biggest fans and that you don't know anything about the band, when really you've liked them before anyone gave a rats ***. That, my friend, is why I want people to forget about My Chemical Romance.

well, i have LOVED My Chemical Romance ever since they came out. so i totaly freaked when i got to see them at this year's Bamboozle Left 2008. AWESOME! anyways, i know people who say they are wanna be emo and stuff. i think the reason people say they hate them is because they don't love them. just cuz you dont like a band doesnt mean you have to HATE them!! jeez...

so sorry for being SO long...hoped that ou enjoy my opinion! :)

they're a whiny emo band is a pretty good reason, if you ask me no one wants to hear about fake problems, when so much worse things are going on in the world

How do I answer this question to make you understand?

I just don't like the way the sound. Period.

Isn't that the point of music? You just like a song or not, and you can't really explain why.... it really depends on an individula person's taste, and if I taste doesn't make me inclined to like MCR, oh well.I don't need a reason to not like the way a band sounds.

What are some bands that you don't like? You don't always need a reason to not like them right? if the sounds not for you, that's it.

Well said Cold Roses.

because of questions like this one....i really dont care about them one way or another, and i've had plenty of MCR exposure being from NJ. but, what gets me is the need to ask why people hate them. if you look at the percentage of their fans, im sure its overwhelmingly teenagers (99%?). and because of this, they get hated on. the black parade, gerard is so hawt, ray toro is the best guitarist, they save lives, why the haters.....this is why people hate MCR. like i said, i really dont care about them, but you shouldnt care what people think either. if im a fan of a band and someone doesnt like them? oh well, its what i want to hear and they dont have to. you just need to understand that you perpetuate the hatred for them with this question.

Edit: is it something you're doing intentionally? no, i dont think you are. its just a fact though. people in R&P get tired of seeing these questions, especially when they dont like the band to begin with. i understand you want to know why people hate the band and dont supply any sort of reasoning. to that i say, it is what it is. dont take this answer personally, im not trying to come off mean, im just letting you know why people hate them. im also trying to let you know that it shouldnt even matter because: a) you like what you like.

b) the people who dont supply answers wont ever do so.

or c) if they have a reason you will end up disagreeing anyway.

Edit: ladyinth.........go play in traffic? how long did it take you to cook up that one? anyway, i said nothing negative about MCR.....but you just proved my point. I HOPE YOU GET TRAMPLED IN THE BLACK PARADE!

see? i'm funnier and more original than you.

good day.

maximum asked question in R&P EVAR! i think of Paramore is greater efficient than MCR. The previous MCR grew to become into greater efficient. They bought OUT. I first heard of them from a chum 3 years in the past, around TCFSR and that i loved them. They have been nonetheless rather small then. Gerard nonetheless "screamed" of their songs. the hot album is a humorous tale. once you ask somebody why they adore the hot MCR, they're going to respond, "they are SOOO DEEP!". Wtf? FOB grew to become into stable with their previous stuff. I never particularly loved PATD. i got here upon PATD as a loose acquire on AOL, and prefer they blew up like a million/2 a three hundred and sixty 5 days later as quickly as I had stopped listening to the song. i grew to become into like, "What? you in straightforward terms heard approximately them?"

I just think most of their songs sound the same. I like bands with range. Also, their fans can get really crazy. And one more thing, I'm not a big fan of bands with eyeliner.

@->-->-

Meh. I don't really hate them anymore. Either I just don't mind or I just got bored of bashing them. Who I really hate is Soulja Boy! Ughh so damn much!